tank Cover

UR IT!

MIDNIGHT FALCON
Donating Member
Registered
I have a 2002 Hayabusa and just purchased a tank cover... Seems to be wrinkled a bit after putting it on... I already tried putting it in the sun for awhile to see if that would work and it didn't....

Also, how do you fit the tabs on the back to keep them from coming out?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Ride Safe!!!

Welcome,

I fit Suzuki's Carbon Side Paneled Bra a few weeks ago and basically there is no way to remove the wrinkles along the sides.  I must have futzed with it for about 2 hours and nothing helped.  Looks OK but I am still looking for a better solution.

As for the Tabs at the rear?  when you installed it did you give the Metal tabs about a 50deg bend?  And though the instruction say just remove your seat I found I had to go ahead and lift the tank as well to get the rear tabs to fit right.
Just do not run the Bungee under your tank, keep it hooked at the front right above the two allen screws.

Rev.

This was about the best I could do.

FalconWBra5clso.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And the other side...

FalconWBra7sml.jpg

I've got the Suzuki regular tank bra, not the carbon fiber one, and it fits perfect. I've got a friend with the carbon fiber one, and his is loose as well. I think the carbon fiber ones are poorly done.

the ol' pull an' stretch hair dryer trick may help , prob with most of those tank bra's is they actually have to much material in the wrong places .
If it really bothers you , you can put a little 2-sided tape on the inside where its baggy , thus basically gluin' it to the tank .
Now get out there an' ride it like ya stole it.

An' welcome to the gr8est site in the known free world

My thought on the Carbon Panels is that because they are real carbon, they do not, or cannot stretch the same, thus wrinkles...But it was pretty cheap $36 and does the job so until I find a better solution...it keeps the zippers and stuff off the tank...

What I really wanted was a bra like the one I have but made out of a single hard carbon piece.  LP makes one for the Ducati that looks rad...

Rubberside I was thinking the same thing...Maybe some velcro bits so I can still remove it for cleaning..Should help keep it from shifting around as well, thus scratching the crap out of the tank anyway...

OH Hell, I just had an idea...Use several bits of Velcro and I can get rid of all the ugly ass hard plastic tabs as well...Hold on, I gotta go get me some velcro...The underside of the Bra has a soft cloth backing that will probably hook right into the prickly velcro side...damn I have to try this theory out...Make install a snap and would get rid of all the wrinkles...!!!
idea.gif

Rubberside I was thinking the same thing...Maybe some velcro bits so I can still remove it for cleaning..Should help keep it from shifting around as well, thus scratching the crap out of the tank anyway...
ya , those tank bra's can do more harm than good sometimes.

I've got this crap on right now, that clear stuff you almost cant see . It doesn't take away the look of the paint on the tank , an' protects awesome . Dont know what it'll be like to take , one day we'll find out .

The clear plastic is on everywhere inside the red line .

It's on in 3 pieces , the black dots show what the seam looks like , in case any 1 is interested in this crap .

I am thinking I might just go with that, keeps the thing looking good, the bras I dunno...I have allways prefered things of beauty without them...

bras I dunno...I have allways prefered things of beauty without them...
right on.....why dont they just "Burn the Bra's" you know,like they did in the sixties .

Ya....there's nuthin' like a couple of BIG TANKS runnin around "Bra-less" .

have a good day . Time for Rubber to ride . I'm on day parole.....for the whole week .

Hey FatRod-Busa, Welcome...

What do you think of my velcro idea? I figure using just the ...prickly side on the tank, especially in the scalloped areas and around the edges. I mean it should prevent it front vibrating around and adding more scratches, keep it place better, make removal and install a snap, and finally get rid of those damn wrinkles....

I have a 2002 Hayabusa and just purchased a tank cover... Seems to be wrinkled a bit after putting it on... I already tried putting it in the sun for awhile to see if that would work and it didn't....

Also, how do you fit the tabs on the back to keep them from coming out?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Ride Safe!!!
Thanks for all your help on this........sounds like I'm definately not alone with this problem. I think I'm going to try RSD's hair dryer trick next....I'll let you know how that goes and I'll post some pictures of my new ride. 302 miles on her!! And climbing fast.........

I bought the Mag-Knight magnetic tank bra and I love it.  Smooth and nothing can get under it to scratch.  Looks nice also.  The Areostich clear stuff is also nice if you want to put some on so that your bags won't rub agaist your paint on the back.  You just spray it and the bike with water, put it on and then sqeegie the water out.  You can hardley see it.

Check out the website:
http://www.mag-knight.com/

I went for the full cover along with the seat covers. Sets the look of bike off. INDIVIDUALITY!!!

modfinfor.JPG

Here are a few pics of my Mag-knight bra.

mag1.jpg

Back