Tank cover

Tool

Registered
Does anyone know if a tank cover will fit from Gen 1 to Gen2. I have the one from my '06, and put it on. Looks like it fit fine. I see they have them for the Gen 2 specifically. Just wondering is there a difference? Would the fit be better?

I have the Suzuki cover w/Hayabusa logo.

Thanks

Half cover

Be sure to put painters tape on the tank before the cover and remove the tape and cover when washing your bike, I damaged the paint on the tank of my 954 in about 3 months because a of a half cover. Dust and water gets under the edge of the cover and does a number.

Be sure to put painters tape on the tank before the cover and remove the tape and cover when washing your bike, I damaged the paint on the tank of my 954 in about 3 months because a of a half cover. Dust and water gets under the edge of the cover and does a number.
Awesome idea, the painters tape. And, yes, I'd remove cover also before washing.

Ever have any trouble with painters tape after being heated from riding?

Awesome idea, the painters tape. And, yes, I'd remove cover also before washing.

Ever have any trouble with painters tape after being heated from riding?

I tossed the half cover after I took it off and had seen the damage, so I personally haven't put painters tape under a tank cover. A local guy does and never seems to have any problems. Also when I had soft saddle bags, I would tape the tail of the bike were ever the bags touched, I have left that on for as long as two weeks and never had a problem getting it off.

You want to use Racer Tape. It's designed for this sort of thing. Just google racer tape.

You can see it here:

15908914870_b9e1246ed3_b.jpg

Does anyone know if a tank cover will fit from Gen 1 to Gen2. I have the one from my '06, and put it on. Looks like it fit fine. I see they have them for the Gen 2 specifically. Just wondering is there a difference? Would the fit be better?

Sorry I understood that you tried your '06 cover and it fit on a Gen2? If you are looking for an alternative, there are many products out there as Pashnit mentioned. I use a product called the tankslapper. I have 3 pieces installed (top and sides). These come laser precut to fit your tank. They are very easy to install. If you look at the pictures below you can barely see them on my bike. At about 8-10ft it is invisible. The only one you can really see is the center pad (belt buckle) protector. This pad came with the bike and is not a tankslapper product. I left it on as it was much thicker and was already on. It's been holding up very well. You can get it here. TheTankSlapper.biz - The Product

side_zpsfddbb92b.jpg

top_zpsc1ab9b73.jpg

all_zps6a5a8e78.jpg

Back