Tank bra?

dwnhllthng

Registered
Ok not sure if anyone else has this problem. But when I take my wife riding (long rides usually) I am having the problem of smashing my family jewels....I do the typical squeeze the tank and use my legs but the tank is so slick I think I just need like a tank bra or something to hold my legs in place. Shes an all round good passenger its just those sudden stops and when we go through twisties that she seems to slip up on me....so what are some recomendations to save my balls?
ices_rofl.gif
Anyone have any ideas?

Tank slapper (instead of a tank bra) might help the sliding issue...

Well I have an 02 without a grab rail....a lot of poeple like the looks of the grab rail I personally dont. Tank Slappers, I'll have to check those out, dont know that I've seen those before

The bra would help a bit. I used it a while back when I was getting used to the acceleration of the bike (had a 600 before the busa) to help keep me from sliding back. I took it off when I finally grew accostomed to it plus I think the bike looks better without it.

When you goto stop, have her rest her hands on the tank. She'll be able to support herself and keep her from sliding forward.

But, yeah, grab bar would help greatly! Just put it on when you two go riding. It only takes a couple of minutes...

Stomp Pads work really well to help you from sliding up on the tank but yes tell your Girl to use the Grab Bar or Brace her self on the tank when you go to stop.

make her get her own bike
biggrin.gif

actually, i have a bra on mine and it does help a lot...i don't put the grab bar on my bike either when i am taking someone out for a ride...i would rather they grab me so i know what they are doing (much easier to tell if i am going too fast for them when they are pinching a plug out of my side
laugh.gif
)

(semi @ Aug. 20 2007,13:15) make her get her own bike
biggrin.gif

actually, i have a bra on mine and it does help a lot...i don't put the grab bar on my bike either when i am taking someone out for a ride...i would rather they grab me so i know what they are doing (much easier to tell if i am going too fast for them when they are pinching a plug out of my side
laugh.gif
)
Truely the best solution.
tounge.gif

(dwnhllthng @ Aug. 20 2007,11:02) Ok not sure if anyone else has this problem.  But when I take my wife riding (long rides usually) I am having the problem of smashing my family jewels....I do the typical squeeze the tank and use my legs but the tank is so slick I think I just need like a tank bra or something to hold my legs in place.  Shes an all round good passenger its just those sudden stops and when we go through twisties that she seems to slip up on me....so what are some recomendations to save my balls?
ices_rofl.gif
  Anyone have any ideas?
I had the same prob when my wife first started riding with me. Put on the grab rail and have her hang onto that when your slowing down....and hang onto you when your riding normally
wink.gif

Thanks for all teh response guys/gals, now I just need to see if I can fit a grab rail into my budget and cut my hump...I just bought a house so if anyoen has one for real cheap thatd be great.

(omslaw @ Aug. 20 2007,15:09) When you goto stop, have her rest her hands on the tank.  She'll be able to support herself and keep her from sliding forward.
beerchug.gif

My girl has made that into a habit.

(NightCrawler @ Aug. 20 2007,22:23)
(omslaw @ Aug. 20 2007,15:09) When you goto stop, have her rest her hands on the tank.  She'll be able to support herself and keep her from sliding forward.
beerchug.gif

+1 You need to teach her to reach around you and support her weight when your braking by pushing against the tank.

(NightCrawler @ Aug. 20 2007,22:23)
beerchug.gif

Just make sure she isn't wearing any rings or its gonna be Mr. Tank...meet Scratches
wow.gif

Dude - have the girl ride the bike with you on the back! Lots more fun for everyone!

When I was much younger and a little bit stupider than I am now, I taught a young ... lady ... to ride my motorcycle. Now I'm sure others have done this too, except the young lady (her name was Kitty
biggrin.gif
) happened to be blind, so I had to ride behind her.

Why? Well, of course I had ulterior motives...
biggrin.gif
Turned out that she was pretty good...

biggrin.gif

Back