Tank bolts and the parts dept!

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Just as a lark I called every Suzy shop in the area and not one had any tank bolts in stock, the two in the front you need to remove to lift the tank, but they could order them for me with a 3-5 day wait and of course I would have to pay in advance the $5.50 EACH or they wouldn't order them. So, SuzukiInc. screw you! You've lost a sale now and forever as I'll find a better replacement at a hardware store for probably less money too (and) they'll actually have them in stock! Parts dept my azz, parts (ordering) dept they really mean!

i bet mine will have them they keep little things like that in stock but they are far from you so sorry man a hardware store is just alot easier and cheaper

I do have them in stock and can ship today.

Keep in mind most shops base their stock on the previous months sales. I cant speak for your local dealer, but we try to keep items we sell monthly on the shelf.

It is hard to keep every item for 20+ years, 20+ models per year times the lines you carry, trust me. I can have this item but the next one maybe not...

Anyhoo...LMK if I can help.

If only OEM will work,no shipping charge through the dealer most of the time. Mostly cheaper that way but not always. Gotta do your homework on this one.

I took a couple of SS bolts cut the heads off of them. drilled holes in them, went to the car parts store and got a package of clips, had a some cable lanyards from when we use to install cruise controls, and made some tank pins.
thumb_up.gif

Back