~~tank bags~~

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Greetings,

Shopping for a tank bag today. Just need something that will hold a cell phone, mini disc player, pair of glasses etc.

What I do want?

Something that stays put.
Something that will not scratch the tank.

What I don't want?

Something that will scratch.
Something that will blow off or move around.

Joe Rocket Manta Magnetic Tank Bag- been looking at this one. I believe it received high marks here.

runeight

<!--EDIT|runeight
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156984866 -->

joe_rocket_manta_tank_bag_black.jpg

For the items you just listed....go w/ the Manta.  GPW has one I believe.  It was too small for me.  I wanted to be able to take larger items (books, water bottles, etc) to work when I ride in so Manta was out.

I have an ICON URBAN tank bag, it is magnetic and works very well! I have never had a problem with my bag at speeds - no worries on scrtching the tank, but make sure you brush off the pads before placing it on there. Most of the fabric bags are flexible so that they collapse with nothing in them, that way the size won't interfere with your riding. The ICOn also converts to a backpack with is pretty convienient.

I have that Icon tank bag as well MC. I love it! I haven't used that conversion to carry your helmet though. Nice bag....too big for your needs/wants though hogger.

I have that Icon tank bag as well MC.  I love it!  I haven't used that conversion to carry your helmet though.  Nice bag....too big for your needs/wants though hogger.
Just need to throw in some small items. Any distance I'll put it in a trailer. (shopping for one of those also)

runeight

<!--EDIT|runeight
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156984828 -->

boy..for a couple of dollars more this looks real nice. Throw in a shirt or extra piece of clothing etc.

New Enough...$50.00.

runeight

Icon
Primer Tank Bag

<!--EDIT|runeight
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156984810 -->

factory_black.jpg

GPW..any pros or cons to the Rocket tank bag?

runeight

<!--EDIT|runeight
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156984789 -->

8_5_06CompletedBusa008.jpg

http://www.newenoughhp.com/joe_rocket_sport_tank_bag_page.htm

I have this one and have been using it for over a year now and love it.  If i need more room i pull the bigger part out and zip it to the lower part.  Even though i'm short i can still the gauges when both parts are on the tank so i think that 99% of the rest of you guys on the board would be fine too.  I have been to break neck speeds with this bag on the tank and it has not moved.  I ride with just the smaller portion on the bike about 99% of the time and it has alot of room for its size.  I can put a bottle of plexus, couple of towles, camera, cell phone, few bottles of water and some munchies in there and still have room for a bit more.  I've take a couple of 120 mile trips with the larger portion attached and the both of them are pretty rigid and gave me no problems.

<!--EDIT|Sloto200
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156953475 -->

Been sayin this alot lately but if you plan on running a tankbag of any kind you should at least look at the clear vinyl film kits like Tankslapper. This way no matter what happens your beautiful fuel tank is protected! The tank kit covers nearly the entire tank. Any tank bag will eventually pick up some foreign matter and transport it to the top of said tank, end of story!

Been sayin this alot lately but if you plan on running a tankbag of any kind you should at least look at the clear vinyl film kits like Tankslapper. This way no matter what happens your beautiful fuel tank is protected! The tank kit covers nearly the entire tank. Any tank bag will eventually pick up some foreign matter and transport it to the top of said tank, end of story!
already done..one of the first mods to the bike..

runeight...

<!--EDIT|runeight
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156966586 -->

Tour Master Cortech. Expandable and I have used it for many trips and thousands of miles. It is magnetic and doesn't move at all. Not a scratch either.

I have the manta and it is good for rides and running around when you dont want anything in your pockets. I can put my wallet, cell, gps, gloves, hat, etc in it. It is good up to higher speeds cause the magnets are super strong. Just watch for small pieces of dirt. I give it an A+ in my book.

A decade of using magnetic tank bags and then....

Bagster tank bra & tankbag. You'll never look back. http://www.rideaddict.com is where to get them in US. Not cheap, but the best stuff rarely is. Now have this setup on both my bikes.

Img_2690-Ceilo.jpg

(saddlebags are RKA )

tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Can you fit an extra shield in the mantra? I have the Joe Rocket Velocity also, it is big but I got it for school. I want something smaller but big enough to put an extra shield in.

Back