Tank bags..straps or magnetic ?

Lamb may have the same tank bag.  Mine zips in half.  Cortech brand.  Lamb only uses it without both bags zipped together.  That would be tall!  Lamb put a 12 pack in the damn biggest one and stores his helmet in the bag at work........................  MAGNETS work great, never had an issue!
biggrin.gif
Does Lamb know he speaks in third person?
Yes Lamb does LOL!!

OK I'll take fire on this one I am surre. Am I the only one with a non magnetic bag?

I am riding with my now 20+year old Eclipse standard tank bag and to this day functions flawlessly. It never wipes out my electronics, doesn't pick up bits of metal shavings, holds a ton and damn sure aint coming off at any speed! I had to get creative to mount it though. I fabbed up a couple of small brackets that go on under the tank bolts to mount the forward straps to. Comes off in about two seconds too!

A question for all you magnetic bag users who ride in the rain. Have any of you experienced any rust from the magnets when wet? Magnets are usually made from ferrous metals which are bad boodgy in moist confines. The magnets should be encased in plastic or something but I am just wondering how durable they are in the long run?

I have had 5 or six different magnetic bags and I swear by them. If there is any issue with them, it is this - make sure you give the magnet pads a quick wipe before putting the bag on your tank (especially if you have set the bag on the ground) any small debris will put micro scratches in you clear coat and eventiually become visible....

I forgot to add that I had a Tankslapper kit on the tank to protect it from the Bag. But I wrecked that piece on accident and made a new one out of Thicker Material. Totally clear and when I want to wash it just pulls right off, and goes back on just as easy. I would recommend the Tankslapper to anyone who intends to use a Tankbag!

I have had 5 or six different magnetic bags and I swear by them. If there is any issue with them, it is this - make sure you give the magnet pads a quick wipe before putting the bag on your tank (especially if you have set the bag on the ground) any small debris will put micro scratches in you clear coat and eventiually become visible....
what he said.

Make sure your magnets are clean when putting on the tankbag, mine were not and left some really ugly scratches on the tank
sad.gif
... i should have gone with a bagster !

Back