Tank bags..straps or magnetic ?

"Tank bags..straps or magnetic ?"

I use a magnetic Cortech mini tankbag and it stays put very well.  It stayed put on my recent 4000 mile tour thru the northwest on (my) super touring Busa. I should also add that a magnetic bag makes for easy removal for going into a cafe while on the road. My stem mounted V1 goes into the bag and the bag goes with me. Very secure!

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/jakerin/06%20tour/?

<!--EDIT|CBXRider
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152744312 -->

I have a small magnetic tank bag I use to carry my lunch to work, etc. I have topped 175 mph with this bag on and it holds great! Get a magnetic bag easy on and off.

I have a Nelson Riggs magnetic tank bag - it stays on and comes off real easy.

Lamb may have the same tank bag.  Mine zips in half.  Cortech brand.  Lamb only uses it without both bags zipped together.  That would be tall!  Lamb put a 12 pack in the damn biggest one and stores his helmet in the bag at work........................  MAGNETS work great, never had an issue!
biggrin.gif

Lamb may have the same tank bag.  Mine zips in half.  Cortech brand.  Lamb only uses it without both bags zipped together.  That would be tall!  Lamb put a 12 pack in the damn biggest one and stores his helmet in the bag at work........................  MAGNETS work great, never had an issue!
biggrin.gif
Does Lamb know he speaks in third person?

CBX those are great pics!!!

I dont own a tank bag, back to the thread.
laugh.gif
sorry

I have the TriBag system of which you speak...
I love it, lots of storage space, and convertable...
You can use the large bag, or the small bag or both, independent of each other, or zipped together...
Just remove and install the zippered magnetic base for the setup you want...
Quick and easy...
And, by the way, I have been in excess of 150mph and the bag was stable and held on...

David

I use an Oxford tank bag with Magnets...great setup, and I have had no issues.
cool.gif

Magnetic Tank bag = easy access to your gas tank when filling up your tank and will hold up just fine under hi speed runs.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152749164 -->

I use the Tourmaster Double, which allows a large magnetic bag on the bottom, then the smaller bag zips to it's top if I need more. Or the smaller bag also has its on magnet flaps if a smaller tank bag is all I need. I think it's GREAT
tounge.gif

My main bag is an Eclipse Contour magnetic. Plenty of room, not in the way, and holds rock solid.

I also have a Nelson Rigg, a little smaller, but holds great, and a small Sharp. That one is the weakest, and the safety strap should be used.

Shipping and customer service from Eclipse was excellent
biggrin.gif

I am getting ready to purchase the Cortech TriBag set, saddle bag, tail bag and the tank bag, for my super touring Busa. The tank bag looks huge..(hope I can see over the top of it !). Anyone got this set and, if so, how do you mount the tank bag, straps or magnet ?  Also any input on these bags, good, bad, whatever ?

Thanks...
Mike

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=145&cat=43
I got the same setup (tri-bag system). I use the magetic bag. Actually 2 bags, small one zips on top of the large one. No problems seeing over the top of the bag. All bags stay tight and secure. I just came back from a 1300 mile trip in pouring rain. I used the rain covers and everything stayed tight & dry. Enjoy!

The only drawback to a magnetic tank bag is that it will trash some electronics. I have a video camera on the fritz right now which, I believe, is a direct result of carrying it in a magnetic bag.

Other than that, they're wonderful to have!

--Wag--

The only drawback to a magnetic tank bag is that it will trash some electronics.  I have a video camera on the fritz right now which, I believe, is a direct result of carrying it in a magnetic bag.

Other than that, they're wonderful to have!

--Wag--
+1

Magnetic bags rule.

But keep your credit and ATM cards away from the magnets.

Back