Tank bags for Busa?

I've got 2 used ones. One magnetic. The other strapped on. I want to say one is a Corbin and the other is like Tankmaster IIRC. Maybe we can work out a decent price.

In prompt need of a cheap tank bag for the Busa, need it for a 500 miles ride.
Please do share the shopping links
I bought this one a couple years ago to take a trip to Atlanta from Detroit. Got the medium size and have used it plenty since the trip. I did take a very large magnet like they sell at harbor freight and added inside the bag because there was no way I was trusting the little ones it comes with. For the price I'm more then happy with it although it looks like the price has gone up a little.
This is the type of magnet I put on the inside of the bag.

Freakin awesome idea @Dopey :bowdown:
I have the Oxford 18 with 6 thin hockey puck sized magnets it stays on pretty good, right up to about 150 MPH.
Yup...150...that's the thresh hold for "Lift Off"
whistle.gif

rofl.gif

Rubb.

I've got the Givi tank bag in 2 sizes. What I love about it is that it uses a mount that is screwed onto the fuel filler cap, but doesn't sit on the tank. It floats above it, so no rubbing or wear or dirt scratches on the paint.
Clips on and easy to clip off when at the petrol station

I have had this two-piece Joe Rocket magnetic bag for a looooong time and it never fails to impress. Even survived sliding across the road during a decent lowside to lived to tell the tale with minor rash. The built-in magnets are super strong and hang on at, ahem, super-legal speeds. Even with both bags zipped together and on the tank, it doesn't get in the way. And it holds a lot of stuff.

Haven't seen one for sale new lately but then I haven't actually shopped for a new tank bag recently.

If you can find one, it's excellent.

IMG_0874.jpg
IMG_0876.jpg
IMG_0879.jpg

Last edited:
Picture with just the lower half on my '05:

Untitled.jpeg

And here's the top portion zipped off and strapped to the rear seat of my old TL-R... it fit my lunch bag perfectly:

Untitled2.jpeg

It's nice to have options.

Last edited:
for little longer lasting trip(s) i like to use the 40 liter top case plus the (now >30 year old) "Schuh" (spoken : shoe) magneto tank bag.
both filled with 10 kg of stuff and the weight is perfectly balanced.
pic taken in the alpes at "Route Napolen" in 2019

Cote d´azur 2019.jpg

but never forget to clean the bag´s underside off of any sand or so
if not picky/fussy clean, you will have damn ´n unfunny scratches in the paint.

as like as "john ruskin" wrote over 100 years ago :
(my resume/short version) the better the quality the higher the price

a mass fabrication in the far east is a lot cheaper than the "same" model made by hand in our countries.

my "schuh" tankbag is from around 1990, or so, and it is still in very good condition
the prize that time, if i remember coorectly, was very high.

Loved my Tour Master magnetic tank bag. I used this same bag on all the bikes I've owned that would stick to the tanks.

20200822_190138.jpg

20200822_190153.jpg

Back