Tank Bag question

Willie G

Registered
Those who either have a tankbag now, or have used in the past -

If you have to move/remove the bag to fill the tank, doesn't that get old doing it every 1.5-2 hours?

I'd love the storage and convenience, but it seems like a poor solution.

Comments?

Are we talking Busa or Jeep?
all_coholic.gif
kidding!

My tankbag has magnets......pulls right off....other bags have quick release clips....those too are easy and quick!!!!

Lady Spigga has a magnet bag and they are as easy to remove as can be. Besides, a full tank should last you quite some distance so it's not like its a constant thing. Its not much different than having to take the key out of the ignition every time you have to gas up.

I have 2 Joe Rocket Manta it's my fav and a Nelson Rigs - The NR is huge and unzips to get bigger. It has a map window. I only use it for long trips because of the size. Now as far as staying put I've done 130 with the Manta and it doesnt move. The NR however moves at around 100. It's wicked easy to move it when getting fuel.

i use this one that has magnetic straps...scroll down a couple posts and MC Mustang has a couple pics of his mounted on the tank

I have the ICON Urban

06IconUrbanTankBagLG.gif

It measurs in at 16" x 14" x 8" and I've carried bread, eggs, magazines, and other junk from the store and my laptop to work with no problems.

It has magnets and doesnt move in triple digits. It has a map view window, side pockets, a helmet carrier, and transitions into a back pack.

When I fuel up it sets on my seat no problem and slaps back on the tank.

Really great bag. Must have!!!

Easy- pickup and stick to opposite side of tank from pump, stick back on top when done.
smile.gif

Bag3.JPG

My Cortech magnetic mini tankbag is a real convenience, as is my hump storage mod but I use the tankbag for storing my V1 when I stop for eats or?  It simply lifts up and back for refueling but be careful with the magnets as they attract anything minute and metal that can scratch your paint.

Hmmmm....I appreciate all the endorsements, I'll have to get one.

I guess I've gotten spoiled with the stop...pump 3.5 gallons...and go. My gas stops are like a NASCAR pitstop, just around 4 minutes instead of 15 seconds!

I am hooked on storage, though, and all that bare space on the tank just cries out for a bag!

My thanks to all of you!
bowdown.gif

With either magnets or quick release straps...it's only a few seconds to take it off...and a few to put it back on  
wink.gif

I use the Cargo Endurance Sport Tank Bag, 16l capacity, easy on-off...withstood over 100mph without any hint of issue. It came with the bike so I cant complain. B/w the bag and the hump storage mod and trunk, I think I can store anything and everything I really need and then some.

http://www.motrax.co.uk/index.p....id=1479

(Willie G @ Oct. 10 2006,13:48) Those who either have a tankbag now, or have used in the past -

If you have to move/remove the bag to fill the tank, doesn't that get old doing it every 1.5-2 hours?

I'd love the storage and convenience, but it seems like a poor solution.

Comments?
I have one and use it everyday to and from work......I think its great.........they have different sizes for your needs.......I got one right in the middle........

(Willie G @ Oct. 10 2006,19:46) Hmmmm....I appreciate all the endorsements, I'll have to get one.

I guess I've gotten spoiled with the stop...pump 3.5 gallons...and go.  My gas stops are like a NASCAR pitstop, just around 4 minutes instead of 15 seconds!

I am hooked on storage, though, and all that bare space on the tank just cries out for a bag!

My thanks to all of you!    
bowdown.gif
anytime!!!!

(heavybusa @ Oct. 10 2006,17:29) oh yeah here are some pics on the bike.

Grocery getter!!

DSC03101.jpg

DSC03100.jpg

DSC03162.jpg
Pish...

Grocery getter... Right. My record is $110 in groceries, IN ONE TRIP.
eek2.gif

Cheap, bulky stuff, too. $0.99 loaf of bread, $0.79/lb bananas', (2lbs.), $0.49 boxes of mac & cheese, $0.10 cookies, (2 boxes of 20), 19oz cans of Campbell's Chunky (insert whatever happens to be on sale that day), full size boxes of store brand cereal, a gallon (or two) of milk, beer, pretzels, frozen food items...
super.gif

I use the Nelson-Rigg complete touring package, DLSB-500 + RTB-500, with either a DJ Ellis, or Joe Rocket tankbag, depending on which bike I take to the store. (The Burgman holds more though, for obvious reasons).

Back