Tampa riders coming through again

onetimedownbusa

Registered
riding for the first time with raider and the fellas and ladys. i had what was one of the best rides ever and ill be there everytime i can for now on. raider is sick with a passenger, no joke! i had a blast and for the doubters i pinned it on a strait, isnt 180+ nice. but the twisties are more than i had prepared for. i felt i was handleing myself just fine even though the bike is dumped and i was dragging toes all the time and i finally got to the edge of the tire!yeah! we get to our stop and rest point and BAM! water squirting everywhere. im like WTF and figure out my drivers side radiator hose was touching my hmf header, not good cause it melted a hole in the hose! im over and hour from home and have no tools. raider was kind enough to loan me his handy dandy tool kit and in a gas station lot i dropped both fairings, bought duct tape and zip ties and made the most ghetto repair ever. about half way home it starts to piss again so i bolt to the interstate and no joke never went below 120 for a good 30 miles. got home safe with my baby not overheated but needing a new hose. thanks to everyone for the help and raider for the tools and leading a kick ass ride! for all you people who are in the tamps area you hae to make the ride. as challenging as you like, hills straits sharp turns, long high speed benders. every thing you could get in florida on 1 ride. and i would say averaging somewhere around 85-90 most of the time. hitting the turns at more than twice the limit! again people make this ride! thanks again. peace Tim

Duct tape.. gotta love it! Glad you had a good ride and was able to make it home OK! I missed this one, but look forward to meetin you on the next!
cool.gif

domt forget the zip ties! those mods are worth like 5 hp at least! and the zip ties are like curb feelers. i still cant believe the pace for an hour and a half. i was loving it. i cant wait to ride fwith you guys who missed out!

image0001.jpg

Sounds like you all had fun.
I hope to make it out soon.

Is this the same 1st & 3rd Sunday ride out of Motorsports?

Thanks,
Cecil

same ride. it was my first tirme. i decided to keep up with the front guys for a while until my breakdown and was successful but my tire is showing it and my dunlop will be gone befor the next ride. they get loose al the time. pilots for me this time!
biggrin.gif

Back