Tamer Busa

Jose

Registered
I'm new to this site and judging by some other posts I've read, you guys are a wild and opinionated bunch. Go easy on me. Here it goes.

Is it possible to de-tune a Busa? Maybe put a restrictor plate or an electronic limiter so that those of us that love the Busa but don't have a deathwish can ride the bike without the constant fear of ended up on our backs if we accidentally grab a hand full-0-throttle. This could be something that can be adjusted so that you can dial more power as you get more experience with the speed and horsepower.

I know some might say I should get another less powerful bike. But damn that Busa looks awesome!!!

Just a thought

Jose

Jose, the busa is really a pussy cat in the lower revs, just keep the tach below 5K and you will be fine. Then you can work your way up. In no time you will be pulling wheelies down the street...well maybe not...but you might actually make your tire last more than 3K miles. Unlike some of us speed freaks out here. Welcome to the board also. I was just in temecula a couple months back for a friends wedding, really nice area.

I'm new to this site and judging by some other posts I've read, you guys are a wild and opinionated bunch.  Go easy on me.  Here it goes.

Is it possible to de-tune a Busa?  Maybe put a restrictor plate or an electronic limiter so that those of us that love the Busa but don't have a deathwish can ride the bike without the constant fear of ended up on our backs if we accidentally grab a hand full-0-throttle.  This could be something that can be adjusted so that you can dial more power as you get more experience with the speed and horsepower.

I know some might say I should get another less powerful bike.  But damn that Busa looks awesome!!!

Just a thought

Jose
aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh......less power.....you can't be serious....maybe you should by a slower bike.
Jus kiddin dude.......we all have our reasons I suppose.
Never heard of a retrictor you could install......maybe someone else has.........If I were you I probably would jus be careful bout how hard I turn the wrist.
And welcome to the board to Jose!!!!

hey jose

you might want to go up on the front sprocket 1 or 2 teeth and is should not be as prone to bring up the front wheel as easy ??

or can go down on the back spocket ? i think that is correct

good luck
cool.gif

Less power?!? NO!!! it's about more power and how to get more out of it!!!

the bike is pretty smooth. you'll be fine with it. but if you ever get the urge to unleash the beast she'll be ready for you.

ride safe.

Damn newbie questions! Just kidding. I'm a newbie myself.

To what Monster said. Throttle control is essential if you want to tame The Beast. Especially around turns - you don't want to grab too much throttle.

Treat her with respect, and she'll take care of you!

Take your time, and oh, WELCOME ABOARD.

Thanks for all your responses.

I guess its like what a friend told me about the bike:

Its like dancing with a woman. Treat her well and dance smoothly. When you start to act wild and dance crazy, she's gonna "F" you up.

I suppose with a PowerCommander and the right map (or would that be wrong map) you could detune the Busa. Hopefully without damaging the engine at all.

I would recommend instead teaching yourself to only use some of the throttle. Gentle and smooth. She really is gentle and smooth if you want her to be. But then you still have all that potential for street blistering fun if you want it.

Now you might be able to just pull the ingition wire off of a couple of the plugs...That should cut your power way down.

Yeah....
sigh.gif

piss off your neighbor. He may water down your gas. that'll slow u down. Or, deflate your front tire. It will work, trust me.

Roll up to 35mph in first gear.
STICK the throttle as quick as you possibly can!
If you make the ride, you're hooked!
You'll NEVER ask for a slower bike again!

Remember!!!!

What doesn't KILL you,
Makes you STRONGER!

Roll up to 35mph in first gear.
STICK the throttle as quick as you possibly can!
If you make the ride, you're hooked!
You'll NEVER ask for a slower bike again!

Remember!!!!

What doesn't KILL you,
Makes you STRONGER!
Jees sleeper.......good way to put newbie on his back and the bike layin on the road bout 200 feet away.
Be careful he might take ya serious.

I like that...Roll the throttle and hand on. That should be teh Hayabusa anthem.
smile.gif

I dont have a death wish. I have a wife, 2 kids and house. Gotta stick around to take of them.

I just love the bike, especially with some Corbin beetle bags. Go anywhere bike.

L8RBRAH

Jose

seriously dude.. i've got a wife, baby on the way and I still ride my 'busa.. you just gotta keep your priorities straight ... a 100mph wheelie ain't worth dyin over... and dont' think you'll never trash it out .. just don't do stupid things and hope the good lord doesn't have dinner reservations for you anytime soon.

you can ride the 'busa as safely.. if not safer than even a moped if you have maturity.. of course having your priorities in teh right order.. which it sounds like you do.

take it easy.. be scared of your bike.. just don't be so scared that you can't enjoy it dude.

1.  Take a motorcycle safety course, even if you've been riding for years.  You'd be suprised how many bad habits you catch yourself doing.  Oh, who am I kidding...the real reason I'm telling you to do it is that I'd LOVE to see the look on your instructors faces when you show up for a motorcycle safety course driving a freakin Busa....that would be like taking a Formula1 car to freakin' Drivers Ed  
kickass.gif

2.  If you distrust your own riding skills enough to think that you need a mechanical solution to prevent you from getting yourself in trouble, them I'm sorry to disobey your initial request, but I *am* gonna say that you should really consider moving down to a smaller displacement until you feel more in control and trust your own abilities more.  They don't make training wheels for motorcycles, nor do they have restrictor plates to let you show off something too powerful for your skills.  If you're only on a Busa because it looks cool, trust me, it isn't going to look cool for long because you WILL end up putting her down.  Make yourself happier in the long run, trade in on a smaller CC unit.  Seriously.  I'd love to have you as a riding brother, but think of it this way: if you knew you couldn't accurately shoot a pistol if the calibre was greater than 9mm, you wouldn't run out and buy a Desert Eagle .50 cal just because it looked cool, would you?  Heck no, you'd stick with a 9mm until you felt more comfortable firing the bigger calibres later and worked your way up.  Why is riding a bike any different?  If you want to run the HIGH risk of shooting wildly and possibly shooting yourself in the foot, start out on a .50 cal (or jump right on a Busa).

Sorry to be the party pooper, but I don't want to worry about an unsure rookie killing a poor Busa, and possibly himself in the process.

Back