taller riders

easportz

Registered
Hey, just curious if anyone has found that some gear is designed for taller guys...
I am 6'6 and looking to order some riding pants... its not the easiest endeavor in the word finding jeans that are long enough let alone leathers or other stuff. I know Cortech is usually sympathetic to the plight of the tall man...
if you got some insight please let me know

Thanks guys!

:please:

I don't use a full leather outfit anymore, mostly just my Draggin Jeans, Boots, a Jacket and a good pair of Gloves. But back a number of Years when I did, I had to get a strip sown on to waist of the Jacket, so when I zip them together I wasn't singing tenor lol
So yes, even at only 6'4 I had to modify it a bit

:thumbsup:

I just got a pair of 'Sliders' Kevlar jeans from Competiton Accessories.
I'm 6'4 190-200. So it is sometimes same as you difficult to find.
After reading reviews on them I did what others suggested and ordered correct waist but leg length two inches longer than I normally wear. Now with them sitting on bike the pant leg comes all the way down to my boot ankle and doesn't rise up like normal jeans would.
They were on sale for $79 bucks and are really nicely made.
I also got a Tourmaster jacket because they make some in tall sizes.

I have a great CorTech jacket which fits perfect. actually if I take the liner out its almost too long. but I love it.
Its the pants that I am worried about ordering, I don;t like sewing on more fabric or anything, i kinda worry about how it will hold up.

Look into the Sliders Kevlar jeans. They are pretty well made and add an extra sense of security. Nowhere near leather pants but def better than plain ole jeans.

Draggin' Jeans (stateside version) has a longer inseam than most. 36"

I have some Fieldsheer textile pants that are XLT with 36" inseam (IIRC).

I also have some Firstgear leather overpants that are tall sized with 36" inseam.

None of them really fit me great though - but it is as good as it gets without going custom.

Thanks for the advice with Cortech and what size inseam do you need? Being tall really does suck :(

If you find anything with a 38" inseam please let us know - cause that is what I really need.

Edit: I just noticed you are kinda near me - there is a cyclegear in Raleigh that looks pretty big. Might wanna go there.

http://www.cyclegear.com/store_locations.cfm?State=NC

Last edited:
I use Scorpion Riding Gear........ Got the a TALL Leather Jacket, and some XXL TALL Textile Pants. Very impressed with the Fit, Finish and Durability as well as the comfort of this gear..... I am 6'5ish and was 240lbs (now a more svelt 215).

Movement is not really restricted while riding, which I really like, and although it could use some more ventilation, most of the time, once moving, the (ahem) Canadian Heat is quite tolerable..... maybe a little different story if I were living in Georgia/Texas/Arizona..... (lower 48?)

Hey, just curious if anyone has found that some gear is designed for taller guys...
I am 6'6 and looking to order some riding pants... its not the easiest endeavor in the word finding jeans that are long enough let alone leathers or other stuff. I know Cortech is usually sympathetic to the plight of the tall man...
if you got some insight please let me know

Thanks guys!

:please:

Go to Vanson.com If you are looking for leather, they can make it for you, but you have to do some measurement.
Good luck.

Alan

Back