Tall tales that make you laugh

2 weeks ago in Cochrane this little superhero was beaking with his 3 little buddies that his R1 did 338 kph stock. He needed some educatin'.

How about a "Big bore kit" on an 08 Busa when the engine has obviously never been apart and it's making soooo much torque that he had to take 3 links out of the chain because it stretched so much.:moon:

Very funny story my buddy has a 01 1k and he tells me he has had it up to 220 and he is dead serious it is bone stock and I tried to explain that bikes are restriced and will not go over 186 without a TRE and the busa is faster he keeps telling me I am full of it and he doesn't care because he knows what his speedo said. I just let it go know because it is such a waste of time to try and explain it to him.:rofl:

I had a 05 gsx-r 1000 with a mc express turbo best i ever got at maxton was 215. (radar gun not speedo) mine dynoed at 263.7 hp at the wheel with a whole lot of other extras too. The best bs story so far is a shadow 750 doing 170:lol::lol::lol:

Pretty much any horsepower number I've seen posted on this forum. People, your piped and Power Commander 'Busa DOES NOT MAKE 175 horsepower. It may make 180 Dynojet units, but not 180 HP. A stock '08 makes about 155 HP.

From a Hot Rod article on the beginnings of Dynojet.

"The VMax had 145 advertised factory horsepower, which was far above the raw 90hp number spit out by the formula. Meanwhile, existing aftermarket torque-cell engine dynamometers delivered numbers that clustered around 120. Always a pragmatist, Dobeck finally ordered his Chief Engineer to doctor the math so that the Dynojet 100 measured 120 hp for a stock VMax. And that was that: For once and forever, the power of everything else in the world would be relative to the '85 Yamaha VMax and a fudged imaginary number."

Dynojet Company Creation - Hot Rod Magazine

Don't be too upset. It doesn't make your winkie smaller and you still have more HP than a 1000 as they don't really make 160 HP.

Ran with some guys in upstate NY and one of them was claiming he hit 185+. I was passing him during the run and never went over 165(mine corrected with a speedohealer). He is running +2 in the rear on a R1. I never said anything..:laugh:

I let my buddy ride my superduke, he took it out for 20-odd minutes and came back raving he hit 250kph (he does know how to ride btw).

I told him that was impossible because the (not 'my') highest indicated speed is 242kph. He goes off to say no it's not, he got higher because I'm much bigger than him, and he's more aerodynamic and tucked better blah blah. Seriously, he was getting worked up about it.

So the revlimiter cuts in early for me because I'm big ???

Lose weight: Your limiter will reward you :cheerleader:

OMG - Busa riders can be the worst at this nonsense!!

(well thats if this guy really did own one)

I was on my way back from relatives last night and stopped for a coffee in the services. just pulled up and got off and in came a couple on a goldwing, after he managed to somehow stop the car...er i mean bike. he came over to talk to me, well more like talk AT me.

"ive got the older model of that" was the conversation starter, then he spent the next few minutes telling me about the changes on the new bike and how they were all just gimmicks, like...

"oh the front brakes are different, they are mounted differently" i said yes they have changed them for radial brakes on the this model.
"mine are radial, they go round dont they?"
he was saying how its all nonsense and the new brakes are no way better than the old ones and its all sales gimmicks to sell the bikes, of course it is i said, but that doesnt mean they arnt also improvements. afterall there would be no busa without bikes evolving.

Then the killer blow..."its a shame they had to drop the power right down on this new one"

!!! :rofl:

Actually its up on power compared to the old one i said.

"no its not, whats yours got on the clock 180mph? well mine will do 220mph"

it was a struggle for me to continue, but i tried. i explained that that was nothing to do with power, its an electronic limiter.

He had made a huge point about these new fangled brakes and how you wouldnt be able to tell the difference on the public highway so they are a waste of time, then a few seconds later hes telling me my bike is useless cos its limited to 186mph! what a tosspiece!

he decided he was now bored with preaching to me and ended the conversation by stating his busa was up for sale as he wanted a vfr800, hes got his eye on one thats had £1000 spent on it and its been clocked at 197mph

Why do these people come and talk to me?

its only cos they are fellow bikers that i dont tell them to go fudge off, but how pathetic are these people who want to come and rubbish your machine because theirs is soooo much better for reasons x, y and z.

tossers!!!

Andy.

My Brother has a TL1000 (M4 full exhaust) mostly stock and it CAN lift the front wheel under power in the first 3 gears anyway . That twin torque IS impressive ... easiest bike to wheelie I've ever ridden ... considerably easier than my Busa .

That's a fact!! Used to have one.

I had a 05 gsx-r 1000 with a mc express turbo best i ever got at maxton was 215. (radar gun not speedo) mine dynoed at 263.7 hp at the wheel with a whole lot of other extras too. The best bs story so far is a shadow 750 doing 170:lol::lol::lol:

That may be the best story, but you gotta admit that the SV650 doing 180 all day is right up there.

OMG - Busa riders can be the worst at this nonsense!!

(well thats if this guy really did own one)

I was on my way back from relatives last night and stopped for a coffee in the services. just pulled up and got off and in came a couple on a goldwing, after he managed to somehow stop the car...er i mean bike. he came over to talk to me, well more like talk AT me.

"ive got the older model of that" was the conversation starter, then he spent the next few minutes telling me about the changes on the new bike and how they were all just gimmicks, like...

"oh the front brakes are different, they are mounted differently" i said yes they have changed them for radial brakes on the this model.
"mine are radial, they go round dont they?"
he was saying how its all nonsense and the new brakes are no way better than the old ones and its all sales gimmicks to sell the bikes, of course it is i said, but that doesnt mean they arnt also improvements. afterall there would be no busa without bikes evolving.

Then the killer blow..."its a shame they had to drop the power right down on this new one"

!!! :rofl:

Actually its up on power compared to the old one i said.

"no its not, whats yours got on the clock 180mph? well mine will do 220mph"

it was a struggle for me to continue, but i tried. i explained that that was nothing to do with power, its an electronic limiter.

He had made a huge point about these new fangled brakes and how you wouldnt be able to tell the difference on the public highway so they are a waste of time, then a few seconds later hes telling me my bike is useless cos its limited to 186mph! what a tosspiece!

he decided he was now bored with preaching to me and ended the conversation by stating his busa was up for sale as he wanted a vfr800, hes got his eye on one thats had £1000 spent on it and its been clocked at 197mph

Why do these people come and talk to me?

its only cos they are fellow bikers that i dont tell them to go fudge off, but how pathetic are these people who want to come and rubbish your machine because theirs is soooo much better for reasons x, y and z.

tossers!!!

Andy.
The reason they yak at you like that is because you let them. The moment some bullsh@tter like that comes up to me, I let him know he'd better take his attitude and load of crap elsewhere or sh#ts gonna get ugly. They always leave, big talkers are non-walkers :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I hate weak minded low self esteem bullsh#tters :banghead:

i had some kids come up to me and say that thing goes 220mph my 03 busa i said no really :poke::laugh:. the k8 everbody thinks that thing goes 200+??? i blame the liberal media :moon:

well this one aint a bike but a car...

A kit sprint car guy with a 350 says he has 400 hp and can SMOKE ME :rofl: I happen to see him out one day. I go against my usual passive self and get a frog up my butt and turn around when I see him go past me the other way on a literally 1.5 mi. brand new straight rode they just built as a bypass rode to reduce traffic. It doesnt even have speed limit signs yet. Not many know it's there yet so it's always empty. YES I see him go the other way. When I catch up to him he realizes it's me when I raise my shield. He's hesitant to run but to save face he does it anyway.

We have 1.5 mi. to ourself. I tell him I'll line up right behind him. He smokes his tires pretty good in his 1200# car so I just stay with him till he's under control then make my move even using my signal:laugh: I remember doing a power wheelie as I'm passing him. It settles down as I shift gears till I hit it again just to pull another power wheelie as I'm leaving him like he's just another cage doing the speed limit. I slow down for the stop sign with EASE like it was a Sunday drive and he's still about a 1/2 mi. back:laugh:

I know not alot of contest. But none the less fun. It's actually the only street race I've done. Had I not seen him in such a perfect location I'd have never stalked him down. This road looks like a huge airport runway with about 30' of grass off the road and farm field past that.

Last edited:
The reason they yak at you like that is because you let them. The moment some bullsh@tter like that comes up to me, I let him know he'd better take his attitude and load of crap elsewhere or sh#ts gonna get ugly. They always leave, big talkers are non-walkers :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I hate weak minded low self esteem bullsh#tters :banghead:

hmmm. not sure that that reaction is any better than the bullsh#tters.

Andy.

hmmm. not sure that that reaction is any better than the bullsh#tters.

Andy.
I agree its not the best approach, but its the most gratifying :laugh: I've been told I have an anger control problem......but I went to a couple of anger management classes and they really pissed me off :laugh::laugh:

I agree its not the best approach, but its the most gratifying :laugh: I've been told I have an anger control problem......but I went to a couple of anger management classes and they really pissed me off :laugh::laugh:

Come on man, breath deeply! count to ten, and reeeellaaxxx
:whistle: :thumbsup:

Andy.

I know I am a newbie, but I have to get it on this.

I had only had my bike a week, and some kid came up and told me I should have gotten the bike that goes 300mph stock. I didnt reply.

Then, a week later, one of my very good friends rode his Vmax over and visited with us while looking at our bikes. He proceeded to tell me that the Vmax was the Fastest Production Bike before the Busa came out in 03. He then told me that I would get him at top speed, but wouldnt be able to hang with him in 1st and 2nd. Since he is as good of a friend as he is, I had no problem arguing with him and letting him know how retarded he is. I explained, that I think the XX Blackbird was the fastest before the Busa came out in (99), and he may get me in 1st and 2nd. He told me to take the Vmax for a ride and I did. When I rode back up, I told him, "I was wrong..... I will take you in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th!". He said I was crazy, and dropped it. I needed a helmet, and he and I rode out to a buddy of his, to buy a used lid from the guy. On the way out there, I was wearing a ball cap, and safety glasses from my work. As soon as we hit open highway, he took off. I hung with him til about 85, and my hat started coming off. So I backed off of it and cruised out there. When I got there, he started mouthing. I just let him. I bought the helmet, tucked the cap in my pocket and we left the guys drive way. That was the last I saw of him. I was sitting in my carport, halfway done with a beer, when he rode up. He hasnt said anything else.:laugh:

Some guy just got on island from texas with his Org/Blk K8 and I decided to stop and talk to him. Got to talking to him and asked him what he had done to his bike (looked stock with some chrome). First he said he had the brock's megaphone, but he had to take it off because the elevation change from Tx to here in Hawaii was too much so it wasnt running right with the tune on his PC3. Then he proceeds to tell me that he has webber cams in it and a ported head, and that gives him 268 rwhp...???.... and then goes on to say that he has had the bike going 230-240. By then I was about done with his :bs: and made an excuse to leave. and he did all of this wearing the german bell type helmet::9

Back