Tall tales that make you laugh

AndySV1K

Registered
what things do you hear people spout that are so ridiculous it makes you laugh?

For me, yesterday was a good one, I was at a bike garage, just a little back street place with one guy there. It was a friend of a friend so we had just called round to say hi. He saw my K8 and started talking about them then came out with this....

They (god knows who 'they' are) were doing testing on a track to try to find out why a gsxr1000 is so much faster than a busa and what they found was that in 3rd 4th and 5th gears the busa was spinning the rear wheel so couldnt accelerate as fast as the gixxer, he then had to clarify that the busa cant help but wheelspin at 140,150,160mph. by this point i was really struggling to hold back the :rofl:

so what do you think people? why is the gixxer SOOO much faster than a busa? :rofl:

Oh this was the same guy that claims his old TL1000 thats had lots of bling bits glued to it is soooo fast it can lift the wheel under power in the first four gears!

Its so funny what some people spout, i had to stay quiet as it was a friend of a friend, but it was difficult to hold back the laughing. does anyone else have to suffer these wild stories?

Andy.

Usually from my brothers. One claiming to have ridden his R6 at 175 mph. The other claiming to have ridden his cbr1000rr (2006?) at 198mph because of the power commander.

Hmmmmmmm.

--Wag--

Oh yeah !! A friend of mine sold his 05 Busa and told me it was for sale at a local bike shop. I stopped in to see what they wanted for it. The first thing the saleman told me was that this Busa will run 230 miles per hour and do the quarter mile in 7 seconds. The bike was raced in the quarter mile but never got out of the tens as the owner is extremely heavy and not a good rider. It is lowered, stretched, geared, piped, etc. I was all I could do to keep from laughing in his face.
Just thought of another one. My neighbor who is 18 was looking at my Gixxer and just had to give me some advice. He said whatever you do, dont use the front brake as it will lock up and flip you over. The second thing he said was he saw a video on youtube with a Gixxer doing 300 MPH. I asked if maybe it was kilometers instead of miles and the kid said Oh No, it was MPH. Guess my bike is a slow one !!

Last edited:
Usually from my brothers. One claiming to have ridden his R6 at 175 mph. The other claiming to have ridden his cbr1000rr (2006?) at 198mph because of the power commander.

Hmmmmmmm.

--Wag--

175 on r6 is tough. closest ive come on a 6, is 170 on a 03 zx6r pc,filter,exhaust..and that was ALL it had.

I love it when I meet people and they start telling me all about my bike, what it can do, how fast it is, and so on yet they have never been on a k8 or most of the time don't even own a bike.
i have had a person say he was doing 175 on a R6 trying to catch me. I guess that was 175 indicated :whistle:

:rofl:Oh yea, when i was in the market...all i heard from the HATERS in that the busa is big and SLOW (yep sure is slow..lol) it's funy now all they see is my custom tag bracket.....keep on hatein haters......lol:rofl:

I guess that was 175 indicated :whistle:

exactly!! and that is after they don't do anything to correct the speedo error from the factory, put a smaller sprocket on the front, a larger one on the rear, and add 10 to what they saw the last time they glanced down since they "were still gaining speed" :rofl:

Just last week a guy at work was telling me the fastest he has even been on a bike was 180 and that was on a 750 shadow. I almost told him that he had to be dreamin. I just kept my opinions to myself.

I once had a honda car sales man tell me that they got taken on an s2000 track day and they were getting 170mph on the main straight at Silverstone circuit! If you are in the UK you will realise how ridiculous that is, in fact if you know what a honda s2000 is you will also realise how ridiculous that is.

I think a GP bike would struggle to get that speed on that straight, let alone a completely stock, not all that fast CAR!!

Andy.

I was at the car wash this summer talking with a guy about the SV650 he had for sale. The told me it will run 180 mph all day, with a straight face:laugh:

My Brother has a TL1000 (M4 full exhaust) mostly stock and it CAN lift the front wheel under power in the first 3 gears anyway . That twin torque IS impressive ... easiest bike to wheelie I've ever ridden ... considerably easier than my Busa .

I have never been able to get the guys with the great stories about how fast their bikes are to meet me at the track. Strange isn't it? ???

My Brother has a TL1000 (M4 full exhaust) mostly stock and it CAN lift the front wheel under power in the first 3 gears anyway . That twin torque IS impressive ... easiest bike to wheelie I've ever ridden ... considerably easier than my Busa .

That is fun, unless you want to be fast. :poke:

I don't think an R6 will even indicate 175, much less do it. That one was/is stock, too.

It's for sale, if I'm not mistaken. I bet you could talk him into selling it to you for $11,493.33 if you talk fast. :laugh:

I remember choking back laughter on both of those lame stories just to keep the peace in the family.

Jeez. Family.

--Wag--

I've had my wife's gsxr600 at 160and was not at top speed . my 25 year old son sayed that i needed to give it up because my wife could outride me. I was trying to proove a point to him, and did. The 600 was not at top speed then so I really don't know what top speed is. I'm 51 years old and think a lot but sometimes you gottta do what you gotta do. All in All these small bikes are really fast and nimble. Not near as smooth and comfortable as my busa!

I've had my wife's gsxr600 at 160and was not at top speed . my 25 year old son sayed that i needed to give it up because my wife could outride me. I was trying to proove a point to him, and did. The 600 was not at top speed then so I really don't know what top speed is. I'm 51 years old and think a lot but sometimes you gottta do what you gotta do. All in All these small bikes are really fast and nimble. Not near as smooth and comfortable as my busa!

Do you have a speedo-healer or any such thing?...???

I've heard most of 'em top out around 150-160, (although I've never tested myself).???

Very funny story my buddy has a 01 1k and he tells me he has had it up to 220 and he is dead serious it is bone stock and I tried to explain that bikes are restriced and will not go over 186 without a TRE and the busa is faster he keeps telling me I am full of it and he doesn't care because he knows what his speedo said. I just let it go know because it is such a waste of time to try and explain it to him.:rofl:

Back