Talking at lights

Mr Droo

Registered
Yesterday I was riding around town doing errands. I see a guy on a bike in my mirror coming up pretty quickly. The upcoming light turns red and I see him pull next to me. I nodded and said, "nice bike, what year is it?" He says, it's a Honda Rebel 450, only made in '86 and '87. At this point, I figured this was the end of the conversation.

Light turns green and I turn into the gas station a few blocks up. He turns in there with me. I pull up to the pump and he's behind me getting gas too. I had taken my helmet off because I was going into the store to get some drinks. He says, "what size is yours?" "1300" This man's face goes into complete shock... "1300 F'ing hundred?" "yup"

I go into the store and purchase my drinks, and throw them into my tank bag. Dude is still there apparently waiting on me. "where you headed?" "I dunno, just around I guess." "I know a few good roads about 20 miles from here I was planning on riding, wanna go?"

Dude and I rode about 100 miles together.

Lesson: Every rider out there is a potential friend, even if you meet at a stop light with helmets on and can't really hear what each other is saying.

Anyone else do something like this? BTW, we didn't even exchange handshakes or names.

Met up with a group of 3 at a light once, But only rode about 5 miles with them.

New freinds are always great.

:beerchug:
:beerchug:

have met a few that thougt if you did not own a busa, you did not own a bike..

if it has 2 wheels, it works for me :)

Ive done it! good comraderie! Funny things is...dude was on a harley and he approached me....good deal:beerchug:

I ride with guys with harleys from my work and there cool, but as far as people I dont know, never done it. It must be my area I live in, everybody that has sportbikes is young aholes that just wants to see who is fastest, and the rest are just stuck up. I dunno.:poke:

I have been out riding a few times and have come up onother bikes and have slowed and jumped in behind them and they have come up on me at times and done the same. Ride together for a bit and wave when we part ways. Never know who they are and hardly ever see them again. There is this one guy on a custom chopper that I pass nearly everyday when it's warmer out. Waves every time and we pass at nearly the same spot. Only thing is we're alays traveling in opposite directions.

I ride with guys with harleys from my work and there cool, but as far as people I dont know, never done it. It must be my area I live in, everybody that has sportbikes is young aholes that just wants to see who is fastest, and the rest are just stuck up. I dunno.:poke:

i can relate to that , i just wave em on past :thumbsup:

I just look straight ahead at lights :laugh:

Just think, when it's time to go home at least we can rip it and grip it to keep them from following us :whistle:

A couple of friends and I were at Dunkin Donuts getting coffee one morning part way into an all day ride. We were hanging out for a few in the parking lot finishing our drinks and this kid comes in all by himself. He ask for directions and BS's for a few with us and then we suggested he ride with us for the day if he wanted. Seemed like the nice thing to do. He was a good guy and not a bad rider either. I ride a lot by myself and have met more than a few new riders this way.:thumbsup:

That's one of the things I love about riding motorcycles. As soon as you get one, you're automatically a member of a huge brotherhood(and sisterhood) of riders. Not a lot of things that make complete strangers come up and start conversations out of the blue, much less go riding together like just being on a motorcycle does. Besides the good natured(mostly) ribbing between the different styles, brands, etc... of bikes, most motorcyclists actually get along. It really hit home one time I was out riding by myself & had a break down(not on a Busa) about an hour from home. I bet 10 different complete strangers stopped and offered help. Several were even women that were alone. Speaks a lot in today's paranoid world. Pretty much all that stopped either rode themselves or knew someone that did. Really cool!

I have done that.I was out for a cruise on the Warrior and stopped for a drink (soda) at a local burger stand. A younger kid pulls up on a Gixxer next to my bike. Says hI,i replied and he asked about bike.Talk a few minutes and he asked if I just out for ride.I reply yes so off we go.I showed him how well the warrior handles the curves.He was surprised:laugh:.Then after a hour or so he say by and we go our own way. No names, nubers.He said he lives in a neerby town. Thats all I know.

the only times anyone local has wanted to tag along has been when i was headed out to rip up some backroads...i take them out to where i ride a lot, tell them to ride their own ride and that i'll wait up for them at the next turn, and take off...as soon as i see their headlight and know they see my direction, i take off again...for some reason, none of them have ever wanted to ride with me again :laugh:

A guy in a car in front of me turned around and said " I'll sell you a real bike". I said It's a Hayabusa, you got something better than that? He took a second look and then rolled his window up:laugh:

the only times anyone local has wanted to tag along has been when i was headed out to rip up some backroads...i take them out to where i ride a lot, tell them to ride their own ride and that i'll wait up for them at the next turn, and take off...as soon as i see their headlight and know they see my direction, i take off again...for some reason, none of them have ever wanted to ride with me again :laugh:

You get to ride in front?

Was sitting at a bike dealership waiting for friends to show up to goto an all day ride (typical meetup place). Had about 2 other guys come along, and we've been riding together on diff rides since. I always make a point to ask "So where do you usually ride?" because by me, it's hard to find new twisties. I'm also in the habit of riding w/ at least one other bike just incase the worst happens so someone can help. I've also seen the dangers of riding w/ 5 or more bikes...

Back