Taking the Bird in for the 600 mile service

Bobby B

Registered
Well, I hope this 280.00 dollar service is worth it! Includes any reflashe's oil change and yatta yata yatta!
Do you think they will void my warranty for any reason for after market levers?

FlatlandBusa

Registered
You can do the work yourself and not void the warranty, just save the receipts. Really all they do is change the oil and filter and lube/adjust the chain then look the bike over.

Mythos

Registered
I would guess the aftermarket levers would be ok--I hope. I don't have much faith in motorcycle warrantees anyway.

I agree with the others, you should learn to change oil and do a few other things yourself. You'll save a lot of money and you'll know it was done right. I don't have much faith in dealership servicing, either. Aside from getting tires changed and valve lash adjustment, you can do all the other scheduled maintenance yourself as long as you get some guidance from someone who is knowledgable.

Mythos

Registered
if you already spent the 280, enjoy riding in safety. You have the whole rest of your ownership of the bike to learn your wrenching.

Tony Nitrous

Registered
Aftermarket levers are only relevant to any claim that they may have been contributory too.

A first service is minimum cost to a dealer. It's not like they use much materials or their best tech guys!
I normally find that when I have a pen in my hand and we've finished haggling over the price, just before I sign saying "this will include a free first service?" Usually gets it for free.

I'm happy to do my own but get a mate in the trade to sign my book incase they want to argue over future warrantee issues.

Bought a 1200 Bandit new when they came out, within a short time it had a race pipe, 60-shot wet NOS system, heavy duty clutch, Renthal bars, etc etc. I was in the dealers one day and he reminded me my 1st service was free. His face was a picture when I took it back in!!

Busarider007

Registered
I have mine coming up next week, $230
$60 labour
$15 filter
$40 oil
$115 inspection report (bs) lol!

I'm going to call Suzuki and see if it's manadatory to have the "inspection" report for warranty as it doesn't say in the owners manual.

Crotch_Rocket

Registered
I have mine coming up next week, $230
$60 labour
$15 filter
$40 oil
$115 inspection report (bs) lol!

I'm going to call Suzuki and see if it's manadatory to have the "inspection" report for warranty as it doesn't say in the owners manual.
Doesn't the first service require a value lash inspect/adjustment?
I don't own a busa... yet... but have an older service manual.
I didn't see that in your list above.....
... it's gotta add 1 hr or so to the labor cost

Thanks

c10

Registered
I make a my living fixing stuff . One way the right way . I started in a small engine shop as a teen / worked my way to the bikes/atvs . Pay/hours blew , and the things I saw techs do to peoples bikes/rides was shocking ! Long story short I fix fire alarms now for the last 20 years at much better pay . However I build
motors/carbs/repair old motorcycles one bike at a time in my spare time . Never one come back in 10 years , and my last 8 second race motor is on season TWO .
One in my avatar .

Think = YOU CAN DO IT ! Buy a shop manual , spend weeks reading it , tab areas of frequent service in the book . Start small , and work your way up .
My self , and another member from another OA type board provide tech support often via phone . I'm sure there are some guys like that here on the busa forums .

Beware of dealers / techs . If you do use one make sure to request the same tech , and throw him a tip on the side . It goes a long way

Bobby B

Registered
I make a my living fixing stuff . One way the right way . I started in a small engine shop as a teen / worked my way to the bikes/atvs . Pay/hours blew , and the things I saw techs do to peoples bikes/rides was shocking ! Long story short I fix fire alarms now for the last 20 years at much better pay . However I build
motors/carbs/repair old motorcycles one bike at a time in my spare time . Never one come back in 10 years , and my last 8 second race motor is on season TWO .
One in my avatar .

Think = YOU CAN DO IT ! Buy a shop manual , spend weeks reading it , tab areas of frequent service in the book . Start small , and work your way up .
My self , and another member from another OA type board provide tech support often via phone . I'm sure there are some guys like that here on the busa forums .

Beware of dealers / techs . If you do use one make sure to request the same tech , and throw him a tip on the side . It goes a long way
Thank you for that I do appreciate it. I have a decent set of tools and a huge garage, i'm just guilty of laziness and self esteem issues but I know I just gotta get of my butt!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
greg3852 Should be taking a ride tomorrow General Bike Related Topics 20
c10 Taking the bull by the horns ! Off Topic 11
VaBusa Is this really necessary? Taking your DOG everywhere... Random Thoughts 66
c10 Taking weight saving to max Gen II Busa Information 76
bigoltool Taking Things Too Far! General Bike Related Topics 2
S 06 Busa taking off mid pipe? Engine and Performance mods 2
L Taking off front sprocket with chain and wheel ALREADY off!! Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 7
IG. Taking it to the whole new level... Random Thoughts 24
VaBusa And in local news...viral video of police Dad taking his daughter from scene... Random Thoughts 16
M Question about taking off the muffler compared to putting another system (say brocks) Gen II Busa Information 5
Geoff Taking the busa out Videos 4
dadofthree Taking Busa to Orlando area this weekend Random Thoughts 31
Boosted Cycle Perf Just taking a second... General Bike Related Topics 11
Geoff 2nd time taking out the busa 1/4 Mile 16
bikerboy2182 clunk in tranny when taking off Busa problems 28
B Stripped the head of a bolt taking off the factory exhaust Busa problems 20
Skywalker Canada..... Breathe Taking! Enjoy Random Thoughts 3
M Taking a tire off a wheel General Bike Related Topics 22
B Taking my '99 back to the States, how to find the Engine Code W7?? Please help General Bike Related Topics 2
Dan Taking the MSF course this weekend with my son Random Thoughts 10
piratediverjefff Taking the day off... Random Thoughts 21
yzguyfl taking apart gen 1 gagues Busa Mods 8
Blanca BusaLess You ain't taking my car! Random Thoughts 18
Lurch Update on Taking Ex's son racing. Spent night at hospital Random Thoughts 31
bikerboy2182 taking out cat?? Engine and Performance mods 0
bigjack7679 Taking off in second gear instead of first gear General Bike Related Topics 29
RussellJ GoPro good for regular picture taking as well? Random Thoughts 9
superbeagle Taking wife for ride. Videos 9
G Ok So unemployment is taking its toll! Random Thoughts 30
RYC1966 Taking the steps for my first high speed event (in Ohio) Top Speed 6
Lucid Video of my bike taking too long to start. Ideas? Busa problems 18
TWT racer Talk about taking Mans best Friend everywhere Videos 6
BusainOrlandoFlorida Who else likes taking risks General Bike Related Topics 51
torquemonsterr Clunk noise when taking off Busa problems 8
Amelio taking stretch off a few questions.... Engine and Performance mods 2
fasteddieboy Anybody have a gen2 seat taking up space?? General Bike Related Topics 9
PACIFICBUSA Just taking a stroll through memory lane... Random Thoughts 10
bowhunter84 taking front decals off? General Bike Related Topics 16
Birdoprey My bike is finally taking shape General Bike Related Topics 38
cutts431 how's it taking it? Gen II Busa Information 14
SKECHE Taking pictures General Bike Related Topics 9
S Finally off :) taking off all week next week Random Thoughts 2
B Who is taking a long trip this summer? General Bike Related Topics 27
Big Moe Taking off front tire......stand? General Bike Related Topics 17
Busa1166 Facebook taking your photos Random Thoughts 4
T adding teeth, taking teeth aWAY QUESTION? General Bike Related Topics 21
Big Moe Adding teeth, taking teeth away...Whats the deal? General Bike Related Topics 67
Pine Taking Your Loved One For a Ride! The Playground 8
GHILLIE I saw Mr. and Mrs. Blanca Busa taking a walk today..... Random Thoughts 24
piratediverjefff Taking The Day Off... Random Thoughts 21