Taking Photos??? Anyone interested?

jessup

Just because the dog eats it doesnt mean
Donating Member
Registered
My Mother In Law is an amatuer Photographer and a pretty good one to boot. She has been bugging me for a while to let her take some shots of me on the busa... I finally gave in and let her. She did a pretty decent job once she figured out what it is that I wanted and got past the just sit on the bike and let me do my artistic shot thing... So in a nutshell she is interested in doing a couple of more photo sessions... Don't know if any of you guys that are in the area of Allentown or philly or even you jersey guys would be interested in letting someone snap you in action and giving you the pics?
What you would have to put up with for this is...

Can you pose by that tree that looks like an old man.

Can you do that again I want to get that blooming flower in the picture because it shows how life can't be quantified by material possesions....

So you might have to put up with some artististic stuff to get to the cooler parts like ripping through a turn at maximum lean.

She is really good people and would love to take photo's for anyone interested.

Let me know.
E

I will post a couple of her shots... She is still getting the hang of catching the bike at the right spot to highlight the lowest angle.

Lees_shot.JPG

There are ton's more but I don't have the patience to resize or to learn the upload center...

lees_3.JPG

(jessup @ Sep. 28 2006,09:44) .............She is still getting the hang of catching the bike at the right spot to highlight the lowest angle.
Uh, I don't see.... oh, there it is............
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

Just kiddin' Thats pretty cool.........

On your first photo, tell her to try from the other side of the road and move much further down the road and use a telephoto lens of say, at least 200mm or more. Put it on a tripod and try continious frame shooting as you come through the turn if her camera has that option.

I did suggest a better position and a tele photo lens... It will be good to give her additional feedback. Thanks Shanling!

(jessup @ Sep. 28 2006,10:53) I did suggest a better position and a tele photo lens...  It will be good to give her additional feedback. Thanks Shanling!
No problems. Glad to help. Tell her it will improve her "Depth of field". In other words, you and the bike should be in focus and things behind you, not so in focus. It is an easy way to improve depth of field without trying to explain how to shoot in aperture priority mode. Plus better positioning to get you in your lean.

The more she takes that better she gets. Good start but follow Shan's advice...
Then tighten up the shot.
Try to get shots with minimal light deviation so as to achieve a consistent result. It is less demanding on the light meter and the eye will find the object easier.
Get her a good lens for Christmas.
Or just get yourself a nice bundle like the one Captain bought recently (if your pockets are deep enough [Nikon D200 bundle with multiple lenses]) and let her practice with your equipment.

(Projekt @ Sep. 28 2006,19:43) The more she takes that better she gets. Good start but follow Shan's advice...
Then tighten up the shot.
Try to get shots with minimal light deviation so as to achieve a consistent result. It is less demanding on the light meter and the eye will find the object easier.
Get her a good lens for Christmas.
Or just get yourself a nice bundle like the one Captain bought recently (if your pockets are deep enough [Nikon D200 bundle with multiple lenses]) and let her practice with your equipment.
You must of missed the Part that read MOTHER IN LAW... She can buy her own equipment.
laugh.gif
She probably already has one though. She has one a couple of contests but she is still getting her feet wet with moving subjects.
Thanks to all for the advice...

Back