Taking off front tire......stand?

Big Moe

Registered
Can you change the front tire with the type of stand that lifts from the bottom of the forks? Cycle gear has a Trackside front stand on sale for $39.99 and I was looking at purchasing it. I have some Pirellis that Im dying to put on and wanna take the wheels off myself. Thanks in advance!!

There are two that lift from the bottom of the forks. Both will work. One has a pin that inserts into the bottom off the fork. The other has two rubber fingers that lift from the bottom. I like the pin lift better. Mine kept trying to slip off the rubber fingers.
Posted via Mobile Device

There are two that lift from the bottom of the forks. Both will work. One has a pin that inserts into the bottom off the fork. The other has two rubber fingers that lift from the bottom. I like the pin lift better. Mine kept trying to slip off the rubber fingers.
Posted via Mobile Device

What brand was the pin type that you have and where can it be purchased? Thanx!!

To be honest I don't know. I think gorilla stand. I just got it off of amazon for about $60
Posted via Mobile Device

I put a couple 2X4s under my front stand to give me the clearance I need to get the front wheel out of there without messing with the front fender. Just drop the calipers and remove the axle.

The stand from CycleGear works great. I have both the front and the rear and have changed 4 front tires using it. good construction especially for the price
Posted via Mobile Device

Buy a forklift stand. Sooner or later most bikes need fork seals. You'll save alot if you bring the fork tubes somewhere if you can't do them yourself. If you can remove the wheel, you can remove the forks, loosen 3 bolts per side and slide out. I also think these stands are more stable. Worth a few extra bucks but still very inexpensive.:beerchug:

busa-headstock.jpg

I put a couple 2X4s under my front stand to give me the clearance I need to get the front wheel out of there without messing with the front fender. Just drop the calipers and remove the axle.

Which stand are you using?
And do you have a picture of how you use the 2x4?
One of the bikes i deal with (Sleepless) is lowered and there is no room for a Pin stand.

Thanks

I know this is an old post but I was curious if a lowered front will have trouble using the pin stand. Can someone please chime in? Thanks

I know this is an old post but I was curious if a lowered front will have trouble using the pin stand. Can someone please chime in? Thanks

Pin stand as in lifting under the bottom of the forks? Then no, the fork bottoms and axle remain the same height from the ground. It will work fine.
Pin stand as in lifting under the lower triple tree(forklift stand)? It will also work the same. Although depending on how much the front is lowered you may need to drive the front wheel onto a 2x4(or something similiar and stable) to raise the front enough for the stand's arm to fit under the nose, and have the right angle and leverage to lift it.:beerchug:

I watched my bike mechanic just unbutton the underneath skirt that covers the oil pan and get a 2x4 in there. Then he used a regular scissor jack to jack up the front end. Keep in mind that he had the tail of the bike on a Pit Bull rear stand. Also keep in mind that you have to get the front up high enough so you can just release the lug bolt and axle to drop the tire. If you don't then u get to deal with the insane design of the front fender...which I just think is just stupid engineering period. I have a front stand by Pit Bull with the triple tree pin and it works very well...

Back