Taking off both wheels - Maintenance?

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
So both wheels are coming off for new rotors, cush rubbers in rear, and tires. Anything else to lube or replace while all that other stuff is done?

Is there a way to check wheel bearings? If so any links on that? Other than that I can't think of anything, but since I am a :newbie: I am asking.

Just hoping to get it running perfect so no down time coming in the season :whistle:

Thanks all.

If you havn't yet done so, it would be a good time to take the front sprocket cover off and clean the inside of the cover and engine around the sprocket. Also clean the clutch rod.

To check for bad bearings, roll your finger around on them, spin the bearings around with your finger, if there is any kind of ratchet feeling then its time to replace, they should be smooth as butter

u may want to replace the valve stems. they make 70 degree valve stems (or 60 i dont remember) which are supposed to be awesome. it can be difficult to check the front pressure with the huge rotors in the way. its good to replace the valve stems about every other time u change the tire. depending on how much u ride.

other than that i thing u have it covered. I would clean everything possible wHile the wheels are off.

Since you are giving your wheels a complete overhaul less wheel bearings, you may want to replace the bearings and seals as well. Cheap fix for possible problems later. If your rotors are worn out, chances are your bearings are nearing their life expectancy as well. With new bearings you now have a completely overhauled set of wheels! :beerchug:

Since you are giving your wheels a complete overhaul less wheel bearings, you may want to replace the bearings and seals as well. Cheap fix for possible problems later. If your rotors are worn out, chances are your bearings are nearing their life expectancy as well. With new bearings you now have a completely overhauled set of wheels! :beerchug:

+1 :agree:

Get the pretty red cush drive from Schnitz racing, Last longer than OEM
and feel better with hard shifts.....
Mike

Second this too. :thumbsup:

Can't find a how to. Is it hard? Also, can't even find them on ronayer's fiche. Any help?

Thanks for all the input guys.

Here is where I would get them.
These bearings are sealed both sides and the OEM are open on the inside.
There is also a "how to" section there.
If you want to do it let us know and I will dig up another how to thread.

All Balls Racing Home

I would take a look at your spark plugs, air filter, and your injectors while you have the bike down.

Back