Taking my '99 back to the States, how to find the Engine Code W7?? Please help

buddha65281

Registered
Hey everyone,

Well, I got the letter from Suzuki in regards to what needs to be converted on my bike. Apparently if the bike arrives at the Importers with "all" the correct parts it merely needs to be photographed and then passes the DOT/EPA requirments. So, as most of you are already thinking.. hello! change all the parts needed before I ship and save my ass a ton of money. Right, right.
So, as I said I have the list but am not sure where to find all the part numbers. I need some help in identifying part numbers, ie.. camshaft position sensor(32160-02F00) and there is a whole list like this.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find the location of all these parts, I do know my way around the bike but to identify all these parts and then replace the ones that are not right will be a task for me. The engine code seems to be one of the MOST important, if the engine code is a W701 and the throttle bodies have 24F0 etched into them then I may be ahead of the game...

Thanks for all the help, as of right now I am looking for a set of exhaust pipes(factory) for the 99 with the compliancy stamp. I have an extra set at my farm but not here in Germany. I also may need a lot of other small things like vacum sensors and this and that. Anyone with parts they wanna get rid of really cheap would be my best friend for LIFE... LOL

Thanks,
Buddha

Back