taking a Busa to Road America

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
If you are bored next Thursday, go to Elkhart Lake Wisconsin to the Road America track and watch a Busa going round it. Gonna be a rippin blast. You could ride there too, for free if you want to sign up at Nesba.com. 4 miles-o-fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
would love to Join ya WWJD unfortunatly a bit to far and a bit to much work to do
sad.gif

Wish I had the balls to join ya Greg. I think I would get really nervous and end making a dumb mistake
blush.gif

Wish I could join you Greg, but work is being a pain in the azz lately.

If you're going to be in the area for a few days, then give me a call. I might be able to ride the Busa up and meet up with you again.

PM sent with my cell number.
cool.gif

Wish I had the balls to join ya Greg. I think I would get really nervous and end making a dumb mistake
blush.gif
Bill, I was EXTREMELY NERVOUS but in an excited way, on my first free track session - then after the first slow lap OH MY GOD!! AWESOME!
If you can turn a right hand corner on the street without falling over, you can ride a track.
biggrin.gif
You ought to consider it. This track is LARGE - almost perfect for busas to show thier stuff.
AND Nesba has a FREE INTO session that gets you in the gate, on the track for two 20 minute sessions! FREE! ROAD AMERICA!! KILLER!!!!! I'm going next thursday and probably end of month May also. You've seen this track on Speedchannel doing Superbike or something and many hot car races. Think it over, Bill. Chance of a lifetime... and free
http://nesba.com/info/intro.aspx

roadam1.jpg

4 miles....
mmmmmmmm front strait......

OMG!!! that is awesome. I love that track, I would love to ride that sometime, sounds like a blast. Let us know how it goes.

Cool! I'm going to be there!!
cool.gif

...no, not really...just too far to travel on a Thursday...
tounge.gif

Have fun though!

I'll think about it and let you know. When is the latest you can register?

So...Are you doing the FREE intro class, or are you doing the full day?

I've got to go measure my tread depth. I think I may be screwed for the next week session. Anybody got some FREE tires they can ship me overnight?
laugh.gif

greg... if I didn't have a job I would be there.... I have toooooo much going on to make it. I already told kevin that next yr this time I'm going to the dragon with him. I've seen a couple super bike races at elkhart a couple times... stood against the wall as racers past 2 ft away at 160+ mph.

Bill, I think day before? wednesday day? Note sure. Also, I most likely WILL be going back may 30/31 for the same track! I just love it.

Stkr - I'm doing a full day, but would ride with you in the intro/beginner group if you were to make it. Then you are welcome to hang out and watch, or pay some cut rate to ride the whole day. I'm staying in 'Beginner' group because of my handicap: stock Busa!
biggrin.gif
and lack of interest in advancement.

Travis - you should try that free session if you can make it. SO MUCH more fun and safer than how we rode last summer! You are workin too much and need a couple days off to ride [hint hint hint] ;)

It's not a race, it's a trackday - everyone to their own pace... no passing except for ADVANCED riders. SOOO fun, not stressful and dangeropus like it might seem. Dang! If we got all 5 of us busa riders out there... that would rock!

Dayum...The FREE session is listed as full, but you can get your name on a standby list. That's what I did. I might opt for the full day....That's what they made credit cards for...right?
laugh.gif

The IRS can get their money when I'm done riding
mad.gif

One way or another...I'll be at Road America
cool.gif

Back