Taken the kids for a ride.

kaybusa

Registered
I know a lot of us here have kids we take out from time to time for a ride or two. My 4th grader feels like a Rockstar When i pick him up or drop him off to school on my pretty green Busa but, i was wondering, Is there a legal age or size which you are allowed to ride a child? Now common sence tells me as long as they dont require a car or booster seat anymore then they should be able to ride.

I'm sure we have all seen the pic going around years ago with the lady with a baby and a car seat straped to her Harley. LOL. I know we have a few law guys here, help me out.

Each state will have it's own unique set of rules for kids on motorcycles.

Here in Washington State they must wear a helmet and their feet must reach the foot pegs. I think that is the only requirements here.

I'm sure you can go to your state's website and find the answer with a little searching. Let us know what you come up with, would be nice to know!

Most state and local laws and ordinances are listed on the internet. If you know a local magistrate ask them. There may be no law regulating this.

sure thing sport. PM me for contact info. OK i looked everywhere i belive, and i still cant find an ansewer to this in DC. I even call to my local police station, they didnt know.

:laugh: lol i know what you mean my kids love it when i rode them to school lol they would get in a fight on who get to ride and not to tell my age i have had zx11 back then :cheerleader:

sure thing sport. PM me for contact info. OK i looked everywhere i belive, and i still cant find an ansewer to this in DC. I even call to my local police station, they didnt know.

Get that in writing, then the toddlers can ride:laugh:

Back