Take "THAT", new later digital TV date...

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
most of our stations are NOT WAITING. They are cutting over to digital only, per the 10 year plan, and sticking to the schedule they'd planned years ago, paying the techs ONLY ONCE, and skipping the governments silly delay.

I'm sure there is more to it than I know, but I'm happy they are.

to heck with waiting...and the govt' better have bigger things to
worry about....idiots :banghead:

I didn't even know there were still 5,000,000 people (according to the Government and you know they can't be wrong :laugh: ) using rabbit ear or house antennas any more. Where do these people live ???

they live in trailers in backwoods country and sometimes under very large rocks

they live in trailers in backwoods country and sometimes under very large rocks

hahahahaha I don't, but I ONLY use rabbit ears and OTA TV - on a 60 inch plasma. Paying for 500 channels of nothing on cable or satelite doesn't appeal to me.

But I just can't believe they'd wait for the last minute and then vote in some delay? That just screams "We government have no spine"

what delay? that was shot down... they also expanded the funding on coupons.. I went ahead and asked for mine 2 weeks ago and got them today..

what delay? that was shot down... they also expanded the funding on coupons.. I went ahead and asked for mine 2 weeks ago and got them today..

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. switch to digital television signals will be delayed four months until June under legislation that cleared Congress on Wednesday and now goes to President Barack Obama for his signature into law.
Obama supports the delay, sharing concerns that 20 million mostly poor, elderly and rural households were not ready for the congressionally mandated switch.
Congress approves digital TV delay | Entertainment | Industry | Reuters

I saw an ad on local tv where they stated "We WILL be switching over anyway" :) YESS!

By law, full-power television stations nationwide must begin broadcasting exclusively in a digital format by June 12, 2009. The U.S. Congress approved an extension of the deadline, which was originally set for February 17. *
*Some stations will make the switch prior to June 12 due to unique technical issues. Please visit your local television station's Web site or contact them for details specific to your area.
DTV Answers : What you need to know about the June 12, 2009 switch to DTV.

Guberment: Hey! This transition is going WAY TO WELL. We need to employ more people, make it take longer, creat more red tape... and that will be better

Last edited:
that delay is SO stupid. If someone didn't know about it by now then they dont watch tv anyway. People need to get over it and move on. It's long over due anyway. gesh.

San Diego stations are switching on the advertised date. Qualcomm is located here in town and the FLOTV (verizon) use these bandwidths. Their channel lineup increases soon after. Qualcomm has alot of dough in their TV style viewing (FLOTV) from phones and needs that date to build that area of their business. The same is probably true in your area, if you live near major metropolis's anyway.

yeah. for all we know MOST stations may have already sold thier old equpment off the next month. now, our brilliant government steps in with some later date? MORE waste or our taxes to organize a NON EVENT.

Other than emailing our senators individually, is there a GOV forum that we the people can post on to call out their ineptness and expensive stupidities? Yeah, yeah, if I care I can make a difference when I vote. Right. I've not seen this difference due to voting.... only more stupidities

Back