Take A Knee Or Hide In The Locker Room?

That owner that used the analogy "the inmates controlling the prison" was 100% correct, whether it was PC or not.

The players right now are running the whole show. The owners had better get ahold of it quickly and reassert control, no matter how many 'stars' they have to give walking papers to...there are a lot of players dying to start and have no problem standing with their hand over their heart to get one.

Oh, and it's so much BS. If Krapernic and these others REALLY meant what they are protesting, they be in Chicago every week talking to youth in schools, playgrounds, churches - whatever - trying to get them to understand killing each other isn't the way...kneeling on a football field while making millions doesn't do SQUAT.

It has been over 10 months since the last post in this thread, there has been many events and developments concerning this topic.

Am I alone in the desire to continue this discussion ?

Unfortunately people still go to their games, which pay them. They pull their stunt, and people still pay them. Not untill people refuse to go because of this, and hurt them in their pockets, will it stop. .02

God bless America and the American soldier.

Have you ever read about the author of the, now, called "Star-Spangled Banner ?" He name is Francis Scott Key, here , is the Wikipedia link.

In surmising, is it factual to say he had conflicting views concerning his slaves, abolition and freedom of speech/press.

Agreed ?

While I agree with the original intent of the action, which was to protest what is seen by many as a flaw in the application of the justice system, it has now taken on a life of its own, and thus outlived its usefulness. The discussion is now centered on the political and social reactions to the act itself, rather than shining a light on the original reason for the act. It has served its purpose, has been co-opted by others and turned into yet another over-simplified symbol of division in this country, so it's time to move on.
That being said, since when has taking a knee been a sign of disrespect? It has always been a form of supplication and submission, intentionally weakening yourself in deference to a greater power. Praying, proposing marriage etc.....

Taking a knee is just further proof of liberal stupidity.
Protest the flag of the country you live in.
The country that is so awful that it pays your stupid ass millions to play a game with a ball. As well as gives you more freedoms than anywhere else on earth.
Which somehow makes said idiots think they are brilliant represenatives of us all.
If so many hadn't willingly died for what our flag represents, your stupid ass may not even be playing football for fun with your friends.
Are crooked cops a problem that needs addressing? Absolutely.
Is kneeling and direspecting our flag, country, and most importanly our soldiers(especially those that died in or from battle)the way to protest that? **** No!!!
After you chase a ball for a couple hours, get in your Lamborghini, or jet, and ride back to your mansion; how about visiting the guy with his arms and legs blown off?
The guy that is grateful to be home, but has no arms to hug his kids with!
I always wanted to be in the military, and have family and friends that are.
I was disqualified over screws in my bones and flat feet.
Nothing angers me like a bunch of disrespectful cry babies making millions to play with a ball. Acting like they have it so bad, and that because of them, things will change. How about Being the change you want to see?
Kapernik, yeah, he's had a hard life, lmao! And does damn all nothing about the things he kneels for, other than, well, kneel.
Sure there is racism in this country, and the rest of the world.
It'll probably never go away completely, but bitching and kneeling only makes it worse.
Blood from every skin color made and makes it so we can raise the U.S flag in freedom every morning.
I say fire every useless pos that refuses to stand for our flag.
I hope you learned something in college or high school other than football, because it's time for you to have to fall back on whatever(if any) other skills you have.

I believe in free speech (I fought for it) but there is a time and place and showing disrespect for your National Anthem and flag is neither the time or place.

Sports athletes sometimes forget it is the fans they work for and not the other way around.

If they have passion for what they believe, they could use their fame and fortune to take it off the playing field and into main stream through media or start a foundation to help those who are oppressed. (some do actually but not many)

...uh, yeah, I still say a person who does not stand for their flag or National Anthem are still showing disrespect for their country regardless of what this speaker is saying.

He is talking about civil rights which are important, I still say if sports player wants to make a statement they should be doing more than taking a knee-they should be dedicating themselves to correcting the issue and not becoming part of it. Taking a knee is pissing lots of people off-building a foundation to help would not.

If these people taking a knee served and fought for their flag and saw their friends and colleagues pay the ultimate sacrifice, I wonder if they'd still take a knee. I wager not.

Taking a knee is just further proof of liberal stupidity.
Protest the flag of the country you live in.
The country that is so awful that it pays your stupid ass millions to play a game with a ball. As well as gives you more freedoms than anywhere else on earth.
ummmmmmm....you sure about that!?!?

The US flag as first adopted in 1777, current version 1960.

THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR (1775-1783) Casualties: 4,435
WAR OF 1812 (1812-1815) Casualties: 2,260
MEXICAN - AMERICAN WAR (1846-1848) Casualties: 13,283
AMERICAN CIVIL WAR (1861–1865) Casualties: 620,000
SPANISH-AMERICAN WAR (1898) Casualties: 387
WORLD WAR I (1914-1918) Casualties: 116,708
WORLD WAR II (1939-1945) Casualties: 407,316
VIETNAM WAR (1959-1975) Casualties: 58,168

Clink Here, for US War information.

The Thirteenth Amendment 1865
The Fourteenth Amendment 1868
The Fifteenth Amendment 1870
Civil Right Acts (1866 - 1991)
Voting Rights Act of 1965

There has been injustice in the US (North America), in many forms, since Europeans first came to North America. Many millions of people have unjustly died for what is now call the United States of America. This before, any US Soldier heroically perished in any US War or any US Conflict.

Clink Here

Now, in the almost 2019, some (men, women, people sharing a planet) have "issues" with when and how someone PEACEFULLY protest.

If we, humanity across this planet, don't learn from past mistakes; we are doomed to repeat them and make many new ones. Humanities mistakes cost millions of lives.

The US flag as first adopted in 1777, current version 1960.

THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR (1775-1783) Casualties: 4,435
WAR OF 1812 (1812-1815) Casualties: 2,260
MEXICAN - AMERICAN WAR (1846-1848) Casualties: 13,283
AMERICAN CIVIL WAR (1861–1865) Casualties: 620,000
SPANISH-AMERICAN WAR (1898) Casualties: 387
WORLD WAR I (1914-1918) Casualties: 116,708
WORLD WAR II (1939-1945) Casualties: 407,316
VIETNAM WAR (1959-1975) Casualties: 58,168

Clink Here, for US War information.

The Thirteenth Amendment 1865
The Fourteenth Amendment 1868
The Fifteenth Amendment 1870
Civil Right Acts (1866 - 1991)
Voting Rights Act of 1965

There has been injustice in the US (North America), in many forms, since Europeans first came to North America. Many millions of people have unjustly died for what is now call the United States of America. This before, any US Soldier heroically perished in any US War or any US Conflict.

Clink Here

Now, in the almost 2019, some (men, women, people sharing a planet) have "issues" with when and how someone PEACEFULLY protest.

If we, humanity across this planet, don't learn from past mistakes; we are doomed to repeat them and make many new ones. Humanities mistakes cost millions of lives.
People have been dying for your flag ever since it was first flown and now other people with their freedom secure deem it necessary to disrespect that flag.

I am an unbiased Canadian and this still gets in my craw....

Some other way should be found to protest civil injustices, these people who are protesting have more than the means to find such a way.

P.S. mankind has been at war ever since they picked up that first stick or rock and sadly will be until there is nobody left to wage war with.

The Constitution, Bill of Rights and Amendments were written for social justice/equality; because people protested or revolted.

Not agreeing with when and how someone peacefully protects should be irrelevant. Dialogue, working together to solve problems of protestors should be the relevancy and resolution here.

Back