Take a dremel to my Shoei visor???

Greenbean

Registered
So I used to ride in an Old Skool Kevin Schwantz Arai, loved it and still have it, So now I rock a 2008 Busa, and got a Shoei RF-1000 with what looks like a transformers logo on the side, thats why i got it... grew up on Transformers...

Anyway...

I have come to hate the ratcheting shield on the thing... I am so ready to take my clear one as a test unit and dremel the edges off of it so it's either open or closed...A feature I got used to on my Arai...

Any of you tried this yet...

I did find a nice lubricant to help with the perimeter gasket. Your gonna love this. From working for Honda Motor Co. at a dealer for a few years Honda cars, noT bikes, has this stuff called Shin-Etsu grease. Basically it's like a white silicon type grease but in a paste format. So last night I cleaned my hemlet with the visor eremoved and just wiped the edges of the gasket with it. man what a difference it made...

Shin-Etsu grease was designed as a lubricant and cleaned for rubber seals, it's the only thing we could use on Del-Sols, S-2000s and NSX cars to get the tops to shut up, it cleaned and lubricates and doesn't attract dirt... I use it on my door seals, window seals, sunroof seals and the like. It's great... If you drive an old Accord or Legend and the door sticks b/c the moulding catches on itself, this is the stuff that cures it.

Figured I would just throw that out there...

While I save for an Arai RX7-Corsair

It's a matter of taste I guess, I like my ratcheting shield
smile.gif

have no idea about the shield but the weatherstrip seal cleaner sounds like a winner..

Sorry..don't know about the ratcheting deal..doesn't bother me any on my hjc carbon either... But then again I used to use the FR1000 also so it just doesn't bug me I suppose...

onebadbusa.jpg

Well after riding some last night and then to work this morning, the Shin-Etsu grease worked very well with making the movement easier...

Back