Tail Section Removal

MistaChuckD

Registered
Hi all. I am new to the board but not new to the Busa. I owned an 00 Busa up until a few months ago when some bastard(s) decided I didn't still need it.

Well I am lucky enough to have gotten another one exactly like the one I had minus the addons and mods I had done to my original.

Anyway enough of that cause I am starting to get angry again.

I decided to put an alarm on this one so what I need to know is how do I remove the tail section to install the alarm? Step by step instructions would be wonderful. Mine is an 00 model.

Thanks for the help.

The fist part of this 'How to" (link below) will show you how to remove it....:beerchug:
Link no longer works

oh, and we you install the tail back on again, make sure to hook up the hump release cable again.... trust me....:)

Last edited:
Relatively easy.

Remove Hump or Rear seat.

Remove bolts holdin on Grab bar

Remove 2 Phillips head bolts just in front of grab bar bolts

Remove push pins on the front portion of the tailsection ( just in front of the seat ) holding the 2 parts together, Remove the center piece.

Remove bolts from the sides of the tailsection, Should be fairly easy to tell which ones they are.

This should loosen the tailsection from the bike.

Detach the cable from the locking mech, that hols the Rear seat or hump on

Unplug the tail lights.

I beleive you are ready to lift it off.

Guys if I missed anything please chime in

DO NOT FORGET TO REATTACH CABLE BEFORE PLACING REAR SEAT OR HUMP BACK ON...

Last edited:
The fist part of this 'How to" (link below) will show you how to remove it....:beerchug:
Link no longer works

oh, and we you install the tail back on again, make sure to hook up the hump release cable again.... trust me....:)

Very good write-up

Relatively easy.

Remove Hump or Rear seat.

Remove bolts holdin on Grab bar

Remove 2 Phillips head bolts just in front of grab bar bolts

Remove push pins on the front portion of the tailsection ( just in front of the seat ) holding the 2 parts together, Remove the center piece.

Remove bolts from the sides of the tailsection, Should be fairly easy to tell which ones they are.

This should loosen the tailsection from the bike.

Detach the cable from the locking mech, that hols the Rear seat or hump on

remove the two screws holding the lock mech in place and remove the entire mech. Believe me.

Unplug the tail lights.

I beleive you are ready to lift it off.

Guys if I missed anything please chime in

DO NOT FORGET TO REATTACH CABLE BEFORE PLACING REAR SEAT OR HUMP BACK ON...

There's little plastic caps in the center of the frankenstein bolts, use a small flatdlade, razor, etc. to pop them out and use allen wrench to remove. they can be hard to get loose.

Last edited:
The instructions you guys provided were right on point. Way easier than i thought it would be from just looking at it.

Sorry for taking so long to get back with you but my internet has been on the fritz.

Got the alarm installed almost completely.

Installed the Scorpio i800. Used the factory wiring kit so I wouldn't have to cut any wires. The wires that are supposed to hook up to the turn signals have me stumped.

Anyone have a scorpio alarm and have the turn signals connected who can give me some guidance?

The instructions you guys provided were right on point. Way easier than i thought it would be from just looking at it.

Sorry for taking so long to get back with you but my internet has been on the fritz.

Got the alarm installed almost completely.

Installed the Scorpio i800. Used the factory wiring kit so I wouldn't have to cut any wires. The wires that are supposed to hook up to the turn signals have me stumped.

Anyone have a scorpio alarm and have the turn signals connected who can give me some guidance?

Disregard that last part. I talked to the Scorpio guys and they explained it to me.

Hello All!!!

I am a newbie to this site, however, I am not a stranger to the Busa. I recently pulled my Baby Busa out of the closet after an extended deployment. Had an overwhelming urge to do a bit of modding. I have to give credit when it's due. Instructionals contained within these forums are really on point. Highly appreciate the knowledge which is shared. :bowdown:

Back