tail of the dragon pics

Them are some very nice pics, :thumbsup: did you drag your plastics any? It looks like you are raling them corners, nice. :thumbsup: That sure is a fun place to go isnt it.

nope.. didn't drag any plastics, but the little bolt on the end of my footpeg got grinded down.

You've got brass nutts to ride that far over in jeans and no gloves...ha ha. Isn't it funny how sometimes you just feel more comfortable dragging a knee on one side of the bike and on the other side it just feels a little uncomfortable? Beautiful pics...and I would only make one suggestion on that beauty...you need to polish the underside of your bike so that when her sweetness shows her belly again for pro pics we won't see how badly you have neglected her...:laugh: this is just technical bs but your head should be more to the inside of the curve...ie...completely to the right of the windshield on a right hand sweeper...but i want to compliment you on your style...you got some great pics there...2hip

thanks man... yeah, next time i'll make sure i get the bottom clean :) i didn't even know i would have my pics taken like that. i went around the turn dragging my knee the first time, then came back slow and they flagged me down wanting me to do it again. whoever came up with the idea of taking pics of everyone on the side of the road, is making a killing! they do a great job of getting everyone

Tommy: Nice pics ! You and Macon454 should ride together ! What have you done to your bike ? My 07 wont leave over that far :whistle:

oh it'll go that far :) only thing i have done to it is 1inch risers which really helped out with the long ride

Dude, We were at the same exact spots that you stopped 2 weeks ago. I couldn't lean my bike like you did, Wife on the back and she would have killed me, It truly is a beautiful place nothing like that in the whole world. I rode with 3 buddies on cruisers also. I cannot wait to go back. thanks for sharing.

good pics man, i now know why people come from all over to ride a 11mile road

Looking good! Recommend real riding gear (leathers) if you are gonna ride the dragon like that (lots of accidents on that road). How was the traffic over the holiday weekend?

full leathers are on the list for sure! normally, that isn't my style of riding but ill have a pair for the mountain trips. traffic wasn't that bad but i'm sure during the week its much better

Heck, you can borrow mine, looks like you need the pucks more than I do!

I won't give you a hard time because of the gear (or lack there of) but I did notice something else that I think would be beneficial to your riding. Before this is taken the wrong way I'll put out the disclaimer that this IS NOT meant to be unfairly critical...

Your body position is too straight in line with the bike. this is why the bike is leaning so much... extreme lean angles, while they may look cool, aren't good thing... especially on street tires. you're forcing it to go to the edge of what its capable of. get out to a track day or three and work on your upper body position. Moving it out more will help you keep the bike more upright through the corner and give you a lower chance of low siding. glad you had a good trip and made it home incident free... but i can't help but see those pics and think its just a matter of time before it washes out on you...

Great pictures :thumbsup:, thanks for sharing.:beerchug:

Must make a mental note to try and get my bike over a bit more :whistle:

I won't give you a hard time because of the gear (or lack there of) but I did notice something else that I think would be beneficial to your riding. Before this is taken the wrong way I'll put out the disclaimer that this IS NOT meant to be unfairly critical...

Your body position is too straight in line with the bike. this is why the bike is leaning so much... extreme lean angles, while they may look cool, aren't good thing... especially on street tires. you're forcing it to go to the edge of what its capable of. get out to a track day or three and work on your upper body position. Moving it out more will help you keep the bike more upright through the corner and give you a lower chance of low siding. glad you had a good trip and made it home incident free... but i can't help but see those pics and think its just a matter of time before it washes out on you...

not taken the wrong way, i am always open to suggestions to improve my riding. next time i go out, i will try to do it the right way

Thanks

not a question of right or wrong.. just a matter or safety... its as a friend of mine says... he is actually proud of his "chicken strips" because it shows that he's become a better rider since he is leaving more of a reserve to be more able to recover an 'oh ****' moment. It will keep the bike a little more upright but increase traction and stability.making sure your suspension and tire pressures are properly adjusted for the type of riding you do can and will make a BIG difference as well

those pics could be me!!maybe next year. awsome pics btw. umm how did u 4get your gloves and not your helmet or jacket?????:rulez:

Those are Skinz man, don't you know your gear? :laugh:

Those glove are cool they change color when you go down

1accident159.jpg

lol... well it was my first time ever getting the bike over that far and i am more comfortable doing right turns :) i had 2 but i only put on one that way i woudn't be temted. not as much room for error in a left turn :) i'll have full leathers next time i go hopefully

I would think the right turns would be the harder to drop the bike into,

If you mess up and loose it you slide into possible incoming traffic,

But in lefts you run off the road right, lol...

I too have a strong side and then a stronger side.:whistle:

I would think the right turns would be the harder to drop the bike into,

If you mess up and loose it you slide into possible incoming traffic,

But in lefts you run off the road right, lol...

I too have a strong side and then a stronger side.:whistle:

Conversely on the lefties if someone is across the yellow lines you are leaning into them:)

Back