Tail Light Removal

Captain...take the whole tail off. Remove the rear seat, then the rider seat, then the bolts at the front side of tha tail section, then the 4 plastic clips in the middle of the tail section, then the 4 plastic clips on the bottom of the tail, and then the 4 bolts where the rear seat went (Grab Bar area). As you pull off the tail....you only have one connector to remove...for the tail lamp. Now you have access to the tail light!! Very easy....5 minutes! Stand at the rear off the bike when slipping it off and putting it on! Hope this helps!

Its straight forward I should start taking pictures when I do these things to help out. If you have any issues pm me I can help you out. FYI if you kook up the signal lights the turn lights will blink extremely fast unless you use some resisitors

Yeah I was hoping someone would tell me that you could turn it quarter turn to the left then pull and the assy would come out the back....

I was expecting to hear to take the tail off.

Captain...take the whole tail off. Remove the rear seat, then the rider seat, then the bolts at the front side of tha tail section, then the 4 plastic clips in the middle of the tail section, then the 4 plastic clips on the bottom of the tail, and then the 4 bolts where the rear seat went (Grab Bar area). As you pull off the tail....you only have one connector to remove...for the tail lamp. Now you have access to the tail light!! Very easy....5 minutes! Stand at the rear off the bike when slipping it off and putting it on! Hope this helps!

+1

Simple, once you remove the tail section :beerchug:

Its straight forward I should start taking pictures when I do these things to help out. If you have any issues pm me I can help you out. FYI if you kook up the signal lights the turn lights will blink extremely fast unless you use some resisitors

I'm Planning on leaving the factory turn signals and adding a flasher for all of them when I hit my brakes.... So I shouldnt have to add anything for the turn signals.

Sorry Captain... Iwas trying to help!!!:thumbsup: Never took the tail light out of the assy. But the rear is very easy to take off!!!!:cheerleader:

Sorry Captain... Iwas trying to help!!!:thumbsup: Never took the tail light out of the assy. But the rear is very easy to take off!!!!:cheerleader:

Make no mistake you helped.... You confirmed what I thought I would need to do.

Turn it quarter turn to the left then pull and the assy would come out the back :laugh:

Doug you can do it.

I have been looking at LED bulbs for the turn signals too..

Back