Tail light integrator fix

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Some of us guys don't read instructions before we do something because we know what we are doing already, just ask us. Well, because I didn't read the instructions for my clear alternative tail/brake/signal integrater, I put the load resistors in series instead of parallel. They don't slow the blink rate very much at all like that. I also (to clean things up) cut off the ground wires from the pigtails that attached the stock signals to the bikes wiring harness. Now, in order to wire the load resistors in parallel so the signals will blink IAW DOT, you need that ground wire.

Here is the result of my trip to radio shack and spending about $7.

Don

tail.jpg

Looks good. Hope the flash rate is the way you like it now.

The flash rate is exactly the same as stock.  It looks great.

Don
(First post so better start by saying Hi...Hi!)

Is this the integrator from ClearAlternative? I started fitting one of these to my K5 earlier today but aborted the operation for a couple of reasons:

1. It has no reflector. Ignoring the fact that a reflector is a legal requirement in the UK I'd like to think that if the rear light failed I'd at least have some sort of red reflector behind me, and...

2. I thought the LED light was much less bright than the stock light which is probably not a good thing.

Did you have the same issues?

Thanks.

Kevin

Back