Tail End Too Low

229ZUKID

Registered
What's goin on guys...I just installed my evil swingarm on my 08 yesterday. It's the 10-14 but I'm sitting at 12.5 right now. I have soupy's adjustable lowering links on as well. Now that the arm is on the tail is damn near touching the rear tire. I raised the links up as far as they would allow me and if I sit on the bike she'll almost touch the tire. I don't wanna get the extended tail. I hate the way it looks. So would ordering a pair of raising links from soupy's solve my problem?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The shape of the Gen-2 tail is going to hit on the tire when you extend more than about 3". Personally I think the stock tail with an arm past 3" looks stupid, but to each their own. The pic with your bike sitting on the ground looks normal, in fact a little high. I say this based on the angle of the swing-arm to the floor. I think raising the bike enough to resolve the hitting problem will be the wrong thing to do. You could tighten up the stock spring so that you get only 3/4 " sag (you probably NEED to do that) when you sit on it or buy a higher rate spring.

Gen II's dip down. u hate the way the extended tail looks? no offense bro but these bikes look like shiit wen u extend the swingarm that far without putting an extended tail on there to match.

ur bike will look like every bike at bike week in south Carolina with the big 300 tire with the stock tail and all the bling-bling which is nothn to brag about.

The shape of the Gen-2 tail is going to hit on the tire when you extend more than about 3". Personally I think the stock tail with an arm past 3" looks stupid, but to each their own. The pic with your bike sitting on the ground looks normal, in fact a little high. I say this based on the angle of the swing-arm to the floor. I think raising the bike enough to resolve the hitting problem will be the wrong thing to do. You could tighten up the stock spring so that you get only 3/4 " sag (you probably NEED to do that) when you sit on it or buy a higher rate spring.
Yeah I'm gonna get a stiffer spring when the pockets get a lil more comfortable... I've already quoted one and a shock re-valve from trac dynamics for $280.

how much do u weigh? I have a track dynamics revolved shock in garage for a 190 lb rider

Yeah I'm gonna get a stiffer spring when the pockets get a lil more comfortable... I've already quoted one and a shock re-valve from trac dynamics for $280.

well lmk if u wanna try it. hit me up with ur mailing address and ill ship it to u for u to try. if u like it just send me shipping money. if u don't just ship it back. its just sitting in the garage collecting dust so lmk ur welcome to try it out.

Last edited:
Gen II's dip down. u hate the way the extended tail looks? no offense bro but these bikes look like shiit wen u extend the swingarm that far without putting an extended tail on there to match.

ur bike will look like every bike at bike week in south Carolina with the big 300 tire with the stock tail and all the bling-bling which is nothn to brag about.

This ^.

Plus, having an extended tail makes it look properly purpose built like a P/S bike.... Looks badass to me when extended.
As for how high your bike is, looks a little bit high to me as well. If you look at the main swingarm pivot and compare it to the rear axle, it should be just slightly higher with you on it.

You'll need an extended tail unless 14in is enough to get the tire past the tail section (doubtful). It's worth it if you're drag racing anyway because you'll want the rear low and you'll want it to squat a bit, not raised and hard.

Back