Tail End Too Low

229ZUKID

Registered
What's goin on guys...I just installed my evil swingarm on my 08 yesterday. It's the 10-14 but I'm sitting at 12.5 right now. I have soupy's adjustable lowering links on as well. Now that the arm is on the tail is damn near touching the rear tire. I raised the links up as far as they would allow me and if I sit on the bike she'll almost touch the tire. I don't wanna get the extended tail. I hate the way it looks. So would ordering a pair of raising links from soupy's solve my problem?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I don't know how much the link would give you but if it is only a inch I would guess it would hit while riding. If you tighten the preload or a new spring and increase the compression dampening with the link maybe. Did you stretch it for appearance only and you don't plan on racing?

Yeah I'm gonna go tighten my preload and see if it helps until I get l a new spring and get it re-valves. But it's for looks and I might take her to the track every now and then.

Just put a 2"-6" Evil arm on mine(set back 4")and had to crank down my spring quite a bit to keep from rubbing with my lard azz(250 lbs.) on it(also have Soupy's adjustable links and am lowered 2 1/2"-3" in the rear).

Busa%202-26-2016%20008_zpsgqtp5qi0.jpg

Busa%202-26-2016%20005_zpsa4m7650u.jpg

Back