tag relocator

saygbye

10 sec L
Donating Member
Registered
wanted to move my tag but didnt want to spend $75-$100 bucks on a relocator. not as pretty but just as effective. took a while to make but it was worth it. can give details if wanted.

busa_pics_014.jpg

Looks good, but heres mine, the bracket i made myself out of aluminum, plate. The light strip wasn't free however!

Busa_pics1_018.jpg

1/16" steel plate (biggest dimensions are 2" x 8" so anything bigger than that will work)
high speed cut off wheel(i have air tools, i suppose a dremil would work but it would take forever)
pic of diagram
i just worked as i went didnt really have any set measurements before i started. tha main thing i was worried about was the 2" x 2" square, the 1" hole for the axle & the thickness of the steel.
now that i finished that 1 i see how it can be improved but im still working on it.

tag_relocator_002.jpg

heres another pic on where i had to twist the bracket to get the tag turned the right way. i did all my adjustments with it on the bike, got it the way i wanted then just painted black with some spray paint i had layin around.

"say you care, with Krylon"

tag_relocator_003.jpg

That looks nice BUT..

Be careful, I made my own also, I have on my bike a second gen that I built, the first one I made looked pretty solid however after about a 1000 miles I noticed I had a stress fracture.

I think it was BA BUSA who pointed out to me that he saw my plate and holder bouncing up and down pretty good, when I looked at it I noticed that one of the connection points the metal was ripped about half way through, the thing was about to brake off.

My next version (the one i have on the bike now) I took a small peice of angler iron and welded it under the relocator to give it support, havent had a problem since.

So anyway, looking at yours you might have the same problem so just check it once in awhiile for any stress fracture

(GIXERHP @ May 23 2007,21:27) Looks good, but heres mine, the bracket i made myself out of aluminum, plate. The light strip wasn't free however!
Gixerhp: Where did you get that plate with the light built into it, me likey. I had on of those plate relocators on my bike on the swingarm, did not like it. I have moved my plate back to my undertail but need a light for my plate to be Cali legal. Was going to buy a LED plate light but I like that lite on your scoot.

(jimbob8915 @ May 24 2007,13:18)
(GIXERHP @ May 23 2007,21:27) Looks good, but heres mine, the bracket i made myself out of aluminum, plate. The light strip wasn't free however!
Gixerhp: Where did you get that plate with the light built into it, me likey.  I had on of those plate relocators on my bike on the swingarm, did not like it.  I have moved my plate back to my undertail but need a light for my plate to be Cali legal.  Was going to buy a LED plate light but I like that lite on your scoot.
Ill dig up the info on this weekend!

Back