tag light wires

boosted

Registered
Fellows I'd like to take that ugly mudflap off my new busa but I'm a little concerned about what to do with the tag light wires. I've seen pictures where you guys have already done this mod. Give me some insight please.

Inside your hump, left side is a white electrical connector for the tail light. Disconnest it there then, after unscrewing the flap, pull the wire gently out the rear end

Busa_rear_no_plate__.JPG

Inside your hump, left side is a white electrical connector for the tail light. Disconnest it there then, after unscrewing the flap, pull the wire gently out the rear end
thanks, it went real smooth until I tried to pull the loose connector through the bottom. It got stuck somewhere up in there and I got pissed and then just cut the @#$#%^ thing. No tail light for me now.lol On a positive note I used my reflector brackets to bolt up the tag{saved a little money for that ticket for no tag light}
laugh.gif

I found the Tag Bracket on ebay here is a link....

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-Hayabusa-Custom-Undertail-Eliminator-Tag-Bracket_W0QQitemZ110190612224QQihZ001QQcateg
oryZ35580QQcmdZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">Tag Bracket</a>

DSC09144__Large_shopped__Large_.jpg

thanks, it went real smooth until I tried to pull the loose connector through the bottom. It got stuck somewhere up in there and I got pissed and then just cut the @#$#%^ thing. No tail light for me now.lol On a positive note I used my reflector brackets to bolt up the tag{saved a little money for that ticket for no tag light}
laugh.gif
there is a tie wrap right at the end, black tie wrap on black subframe.. its a little one too

I found the Tag Bracket on ebay here is a link....

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-Hayabusa-Custom-Undertail-Eliminator-Tag-Bracket_W0QQitemZ110190612224QQihZ001QQcateg

oryZ35580QQcmdZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">Tag Bracket</a>
Thanks

:a

Shame you cut it.

All you had to do is lift the tail section and cut the tie wrap.

Same thing when you remove the reflectors, you need to lift the tail section to get to the nuts under there.

Does the law state what color the light is required to be??
My taillight lights up my plate to some degree without braking.
I was pulled the other day and no mention was made of the plate, it was in the daytime though...

Busa_rear_no_plate__.JPG

I think the tag must be ledgible at night. Mine is with only the running lights.{thank goodness}Captain I wish I'd seen your post prior to me cutting my wires. I wouldn't have reinstalled the tag light anyway but??

Back