Tag bracket.

Chris

Registered
Looking to get a new tag bracket/relocator. I was wonder if you guys could post up pics of yours, what they are and where ya got 'em! :thumbsup: Also, for Illinois, do you need a plate light? Also looking if for some relocators with built in LEDs. Thanks all.

Chris

Sorry I don't have a good picture. Maybe you can see the location off it, if not I'll try to post an up close one later. I made 2 small L shaped brackets out of stainless and put a 45 degree bend in the middle, and drilled a hole on each end. I used the rear mudflap bolts to fasten it.
I also got a tag light off of a Ford Ranger for $2 at the junkyard, cut a small hole in the rear of the black plastic undertail(with the tail off) snapped it in place, and used male/female snapconnectors to attach the small harness to the factory tag light harness.
Cheap, simple, and tucks the tag up cloce to the tail at nice angle.

004.jpg

It looks good. But looking for one that comes off the swing arm or the passenger pegs. Thank you though. :beerchug:

Homemade, ie free

Img_0070_tag_bracket_hayabusa.jpg

I made mine also by taking a piece of sheet metal, cutting and shaping it to fit center mass to the undertail.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Img_0070_tag_bracket_hayabusa.jpg

Where's the 20 dollar LED light bar? Lol. And actually, can I get a couple more detailed pics of that first homemade bracket? Does it ever loosen up since it's just with one bolt on the passenger pegs? Thanks.

Last edited:
I like the way that I have my plate mounted off of the rear axle. It is low and out of the way. Makes it hard for the photo radar cameras to take a pic of it!!

Back