Tag Bracket... Gen II

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Looking for a new tag bracket... I don't want to pay 180.00 for a piece of aluminum either.. I am currently using some brackets that I made but would really like to get something a little cleaner.. What are you guys using?

From the tail section John... Just looking for a manufactured look but don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it...

Ill look at one in the am at a friends house, i have an idea!

i have a comp werkes bracket you can have. you can get a little led light from cycle gear.

heres it on the bike, it wont work with my stretch

DSC01057-1.jpg

Cap,
A quick and very cheap solution which you probably have just lying around house or garage.
Use a couple metal corner brackets like below, you can get different sizes,shapes & colors.

Mintcraft CB-B01-C43L 1 Inch Corner Braces

simply mount them on tag,
hold up to undertail,
adjust angle to where you like it,(bend brackets to where you want/need them if needed)
put couple holes in undertail to mount brackets,
mount with couple 1/4" round head bolts/lock nuts and wala.

All mounted for less than $3 and a 1/2 hr's time.

And if you want you can sand/grind edges rounded and/or spray paint the to match bike color or whatever you want. And in the end you get the same as you would spending $50-75 for the so called custom fender eliminator kits.:thumbsup:

Pretty much the same as Blanca's post up above I just clicked on. Very simple, I never got why anyone would spend all that money for a cheap little stamped out piece of metal to do the same thing as either of these do.

unnamed.jpg

Back