Tach signal logging..

Boosted Cycle Perf

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
I currently have a few different options as far as to what to configure my data logger for tach signal. I tapped into the yellow wire/blue tracer. Is that a square wave 12 volt signal? Anyone know what type of output that is? Otherwise I have several options for tapping into the coil negative wires, but I'd rather try to get this to work first since I already cut, and soldered a tap wire in.

But just in case, if I have to use the negative off the coil, that would be the grey wire correct? Since all the coils have a grey wire and the other one is a colored wire.

Thanks.

I'm sorry but I don't know the a actual answer. That is what I would guess it to be.

What are you logging with? My research showed many having problems logging the busa rpm with innovate products so the use a injector signal. With my DL-32 I'm using the number 1 injector signal to two channels. I log rpm with one and injector dwell time with the other. It has worked very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im useing the Daytona sensors logger. However it's not advanced enough to be as to log off of an injector signal. Looks like I'll have to tap in to a coil then. Thanks!

Were you able to do this? how was the outcome? I just ordered their NC-1 Nos controller/Data logger and planned on logging the RPM as well.

Were you able to do this? how was the outcome? I just ordered their NC-1 Nos controller/Data logger and planned on logging the RPM as well.

Yeah you gotta set the PPR at 0.5, and the debounce at 3.0 milliseconds. However the signal is a little erratic, and this is an issues some people have with DL-32's. So this weekend I'm gonna move the jumper in the box over, and set the PPR to 2, and see if that works better for useing the tack wire. Should be a solid signal.

Let me know the outcome! What did you buy from daytona?
Posted via Mobile Device

The SL-1 logger, and shift light. It's got tons of potential, I'm just tring to figure it all out. It's pretty easy, just time consuming. Just make sure you tie all your negatives together off the ecu for anything that your logging. Other wise the logs look like a lie detector test. :rofl:

Ok, so I figured it out. Tap in to the tach signal wire (yellow/blue tracer). Set the jumper in the box to "tach". Set the "PPR" to 1, and the debounce to 3.0 milliseconds, and your good to go. Logging off the coil wire worked, but it's a "dirty" signal, so it didn't log real good, it would jump around. But logging of the tach wire the rpms reflect the tach exactly when you do the real time view. So there ya go. :thumbsup:

injector wire works clean

Yes, but the daytona logger isn't able to log off of an injectors. The tach signal works great the way I got it set now.

Also if that nitrous controller logs wheel speed, tap in to the green wire from speedo healer, and set the freaquentcy to 150hz and it reads spot on.:thumbsup:

after re-finding this thread and re-re-reading the install instructions, if you use the Daytona Sensors Data logger and use the tach signal wire (one used by Gregs auto shift/shift light) - open the box and move to the middle setting of Tach.....

Pics to come.

Back