Tach signal + coil type operation + shift light

AsleepAtTheTree

Registered
Before anyone recommends boost by smith, raptor or etc etc, i wanna try and see if I can get this to work firstly since it was free!!!

Picked up a universal led shift light with 4/6/8 engine operation similar to a glowshift brand, hooked it up per instructions, black to ground, red to keyed 12v, green to tach signal (smaller yellow/blue tracer wire under dash) and cut both brown and orange wires for 4cylinder engine operation...

Well...set the light initially to 2k rpm to test it, fired the bike up, hit the throttle and the light comes on waaaay outta sequence...

Yes...my first thought was faulty cheap broken light, but I read a couple places that on the gen1 the yellow/blue wire tach signal behind the dash is a 2 coil signal instead of 4 coil, which would make sence to why the light seems to be reading half the signal!

So...does anyone have any factual info to the gen1 tach signal being 2 coil instead of 4 coil

If that is true, anyway to make this thing work before i purchase the raptor...I love the dual stage it offers over the boost by smith...anyways lol

Thank you :beerchug:

Back