t25

magus

Registered
is a garret t25 workable for my busa? I only want to push 6#

I have a buddie that says I can have it for cheap

afew ppl in my area have fabbed there own kit and said they would help just want to be sure the t25 is sutible first

(smithabusa @ Sep. 14 2006,09:02)
(magus @ Sep. 14 2006,07:40)  I only want to push 6#
If I had a dollar for every time I heard that LOL.
ok... I guess It would have been better said. that thats all I want for now.

To be compleatly honest I'm not sure I can handle the 6# I know I'm not ready for more than that tho

(magus @ Sep. 14 2006,09:12)
(smithabusa @ Sep. 14 2006,09:02)
(magus @ Sep. 14 2006,07:40)  I only want to push 6#
If I had a dollar for every time I heard that LOL.
ok... I guess It would have been better said. that thats all I want for now.

To be compleatly honest I'm not sure I can handle the 6#  I know I'm not ready for more than that tho
Not to be a repeater, but if I had a dollar for evertime I heard that also LOL.

He have all been there at one time.

After you get used to 6 psi feels like riding a moped unless its first gear.

Greg

Thas gonna be alot of work,I'd try to find a used stage one,they are around if you look.

(nitrousjunkie @ Sep. 14 2006,09:14) Are you gonna try to make your own kit?
yea...

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
go ahead flame away...

I do plan to have it dyno tuned tho!

For the $2500-$3000 you can pick up a used stage 1 kit you are much better off IMO, unless you have tons of time and really really enjoy doing things yourself.

(smithabusa @ Sep. 14 2006,23:27) For the $2500-$3000 you can pick up a used stage 1 kit you are much better off IMO, unless you have tons of time and really really enjoy doing things yourself.
Thats what I'm thinking,I wouldnt try it,I cant weld worth a fug anyway,nor do I have a pipe bender,he's still gonna have to round up a bunch of parts.

(smithabusa @ Sep. 14 2006,09:27) unless you have tons of time and really really enjoy doing things yourself.
I do.

I have a shop with most tools
my dad owns and operates a garage (hes the king of DIY)
bro-inlaw builds race cars from tube steel
a guy in my area just finished his homebuilt turbo busa and offered to help.

I'm just about done rebuilding a 53 chevy and will need another project for this winter so...

Cool, sounds like fun. Dyno tuning is the most important part. You going to lower compression or leave it stock for now? I guarantee you will be so impressed with 6 psi............................. for a little bit, then you will just 8 or 9 psi.........then more LOL. I have been there done that. Started off with a hahn stage 1 4 years ago at 7 psi making low hp, then turned boost up, then lowered compression S2000 injectors, external gate, blow off valve, 344 hp with that kit, over the winter went with an intercooled stage 2 setup at 461 hp with the tire spinning hard.

I make gear based boost controllers if you are ever interested, not that you would ever want to increase boost LOL.
smile.gif

I want to build it up as safe as possible.

I def want the sweet sound of the BOV.

461 hp with the tire spinning hard?
bowdown.gif

there seemed to be more DIY turbo info on sh.org I hope it comes back online
I had a phone number there for a guy to help with the intake

Gary Evans has a very informative site and he is definitely a DIY guy, he made a billet intake, his own 3 inch full exhuast, header also I think, he started with a Hahn kit and slowly transformed into a very nice very clean kit.

Greg

Never heard of him do you know the site url?

also my last boss just opened a cnc machine shop and said if I can get a part for him to measure and go by then he would cut anything I want for cost of material plus me sweeping floors and what not...
not sure about the legality of the copy or how Id get my hands on an origial to begin with...

Thanks for the info!

AWSOME polish job on the parts!

I'd hate to know how much $ you have tied up in your kit

Stage 2 with air to air intercooler with dump pipes was $7500
Another $500 for full exhaust with polished can

H beam Carillo Rods $930
HD Valve Springs $130 or so I think
ARP Head Studs $165

I could keep going on LOL but I think that was about it for turbo stuff. I have a lot more in the bike now, plus a billion hours sanding and polishing.

But I can run 16 psi of boost on pump gas with the intercooler, love it love it love it.

Back