T.R.E. question.......

birdaprey

Registered
ok....... well I have searched the board over and am still confused about this mod.

just what can I expect out of one....
( my bike is stock with the exception of yoshi. bolt ons...)

what I want is to smooth out the on/off throttle jerk...

I have heard some say it works wonders, yet others say they couldn't tell a diff.
and some say it can even cause damage to the starter??

please let me know before I go out and wast my money!

I'm going on a big road trip; and want a "quick" mod to get the most out of the bike while on the trip. my local shop has them in stock. and would be very easy to grab one on the way out! ;)

If you're planning on adding an ems or pcIIIr at some point you won't need the TRE

Kent

so guy's...... what can I expect out of the T.R.E..... I more than likely wont be getting a pcIII . so will the T.R.E. help me out with the smothness .
about the only other mod. for preformance will be -1 tooth on the front sprocket; for a little more grunt... ( I'll be doing this this winter or maybe on the "trip" if the T.R.E makes a noticeable diff.

hey bird, i just bought a tre and pair mod on ebay for 35.00 they were both easy to install the instructions were great and it definately smoothed out first and second look for "hayabusa 3hp for 35 dollars he also just sells the tre for like 18.00 look for HAYABUSA HIT 200mph hope this helps ya
:beerchug:

I am about to find out myself.I'll try to let you know how it goes -I'm putting an Ivan's on my 03.

I use an Active TRE and love it. It allows you to pick which gears you want to re-map and which gear you would like to re-map them to. Because it actively manages each gear independantly, the neutral map remains unchanged.
JT2

The lady I talked to at Ivan's said that Smart TRE lets the Computer of the bike(CDI) to know that its always on the fifth gear exept when you are starting the bike.Nutral is Nutral.so the bike is smooth when starting.the bike's 5th gear gets the best perfo and No speed restriction.so what it 's gonna do is smooth out all other gears like the 5th.(this is what she said) may be some body can tell I am correct or not.I am a newbee. :

"chamalk
New Recruit

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:0.05
Location: Beautiful Santa Barbara/CA Posted: Nov. 02 2003,3:20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The lady I talked to at Ivan's said that Smart TRE lets the Computer of the bike(CDI) to know that its always on the fifth gear exept when you are starting the bike.Nutral is Nutral.so the bike is smooth when starting.the bike's 5th gear gets the best perfo and No speed restriction.so what it 's gonna do is smooth out all other gears like the 5th.(this is what she said) may be some body can tell I am correct or not.I am a newbee. : "

I would be concerned about it running rich in the lower gear since its always seeing 5th gear. Just my .02 and not knowing very much about the Smart Tre.

I would go with the switchable TRE if I were to go this route.

I have a 03 busa w/ a PCIII. I just bought the TRE and as I understand it, it removes the speed restriction- the PC III does not do that. In addition, the retardation of gears 1 through 4 can be removed using the PCIII but the TRE will also do this. Can anyone validate or disprove this concept.

Back