T.B. SYNC. Other things to look 4!

8Daytona8

Donating Member
Registered
I was doubting myself! If the "po"man's fish tank hose syncer was not right. After the first sync it idled better and wouldn't stall even @ the taboo 1k idle RPM. It was way out from the factory. But the MPG started dropping? From 48 to 44 + -. So i rechecked it, rite on or as close as it was. I noticed though that after putting it all together it would change exhaust sound a bit. Well the MPG kept going down! Got to 43.2 so I started all over again, still close
rock.gif
But I noticed that there was a chafe mark on top of the air filter housing where it was rubbing against the tank heat shield! On closer inspection I found that during the process I must have turned the plastic clip that holds the vacuum sensor hose, open side to the left, it should be to the right. This will cause it to be pinched between the rubber boot on #2's snorkel, pushing on the #2 T.B. and out of sync after the tank was down and secured. Who would have thunk it?
all_coholic.gif

AOL.com Images Not Available

You gotta be careful when you put your stuff back together! I am still diggin those wheels...

MC if you were to do em you won't Believe how easy it is 4 such reward. I bet the Candy red color in that paint, on alum must look good enough to Lick. P.s the brake pad thing! I hope my apology was excepted.

I think I missed the making of the TB Synch device. Looks like vinyl tubing (hence your fishtank remark) measured and cut to same length, twice, and filled w/ same amount of fluid (water maybe?), taped to a yard stick, and then do two synchs at a time, in the pair associated with idle circuits (1&2, 3&4 first, then cross reference, 1&3, 2&4?). Hmm...sorry if I am disecting this, looks fashionably cool and cheap...which I like, if you seen the Fork Service How-To I did, tool cost was less than $20, looks rough, but works.

Back