Synthetic Oil

thumb_up.gif

"WOW"....same old topic / debate, and yet another "Very Entertaining' banter...
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

I like Amsoil, yada, yada, yada.......

If you see what I've seen when rebuilding motors, you betcha-buns it'll be synthetic.....forever.....
coolold.gif

"We now return you to our regularly scheduled banter"..........

super.gif

super.gif

You say I have to work on engines to see the difference.  Well, if my aunt and uncle got 240,000 miles out of their Honda Civic before they sold it, still in perfect running condition, after having run dino oil in it for the whole time (true story btw, and I've got quite a few like that), what is it exactly that I have to see ?  
I had a relative that smoked and drank excessively his entire life. He lived to be 90 so I guess with your reasoning smoking and drinking promote longer life.

You say I have to work on engines to see the difference. Well, if my aunt and uncle got 240,000 miles out of their Honda Civic before they sold it, still in perfect running condition, after having run dino oil in it for the whole time (true story btw, and I've got quite a few like that), what is it exactly that I have to see ?
Honda Civics Aren't even broke in until 300,000. RIGHT?

I use amsoil. I think that its possable it could help the second gear shift forks problems because it shifts so much better than dino oil. Could anybody else see that as a possability? I ride with 2 liter bikes and beat my busa to death.
Learning to shift fixes the second gear problem.  Not synthetic oil.
So I guess everyone that's had a second gear issue really just doesn't know how to shift?
bs.gif

Etrnlsoldier let me give you some advice: 1 synthetics are superior to mineral oils{especially ester base stocks} 2 I bet your aunts civic that runs perfect would have less internal wear if it had synthetic flowing through it.
3 DON'T GET IN AN OIL ARGUMENT WITH MOUNTAINMOTOR, HE KNOWS MORE ABOUT OIL THAN ALL OF US PUT TOGETHER!

Syn. oils have extremely better cooling and lubricating properties. Syn. molecules are smaller than conventional oils molecules, like comparing golf balls to basketballs.

I use amsoil. I think that its possable it could help the second gear shift forks problems because it shifts so much better than dino oil. Could anybody else see that as a possability? I ride with 2 liter bikes and beat my busa to death.
Learning to shift fixes the second gear problem.  Not synthetic oil.
So I guess everyone that's had a second gear issue really just doesn't know how to shift?  
bs.gif
You know it, LOL. just ask the dealer when you take it in, and ask if the waranty covers it. (I just asked how comon 2'nd gear problems were) They told me (dealer) the ONLY reason people have that is "because their timing is off (shifting), or they are clutchless shifting".

Just like the ONLY reason your fork seals leak is "from doing wheelies".

Back