Synthetic oil w/ Japanese clutches?

Rapstar

Registered
I know i'm opening up a can of worms here, but I have to know. I want to run syn oil in my K8 Busa w/ 7000mi on it,But i'm hearing from a few good wrenches That as good as the oil is, its not very compatible with Japanese clutches? And thinking back too 2004 I did have a clutch issue with my Yamaha FZ1,while running Mobil 1 in it. A spacer? I think welded it self to the back of the clutch basket so it stayed disengauged!(no clutch!)??? I've used syn oil in most of my toys w/ great results??? Just wondering if you folks ever heard of clutch issues while using synthetic oil. Thanks for your input!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've run Mobil-1 in ALL of my bikes for YEARS. I've got probably 50k miles on bikes without a single clutch issue. I recently have switched to PRO DRIVE oil by Alisyn for racing but everything else has been Mobil 1 and will stay that way... :beerchug:

If you use a car oil WITH friction modifiers...you are gonna have clutch issues :banghead:

Use a BIKE specific oil and you won't have any problems :thumbsup:

Got well over 100k miles on japanese bikes w/ syth oil. never an issue. One bike had 200 passes on it - stock clutch.

I run Syn. in everythimg, never had a problem. Your wrench guys are full of it.:moon:

:devil::devil::devil:
Aaarggg, another oil thread.

Suzuki specifies JASO MA, and anything that complies will work, mineral or synthetic, you will never know the difference between well known brands unless you have a lab, with extensive testing facilities.

Here is the JASO standard: http://www.jalos.or.jp/onfile/pdf/4T_EV0604.pdf

Everyone, please watch the usage of "jap". It's not appropriate. :thumbsup:

Hi All,

I used to use castrol 20W50 - it's little thicker, but lately I swaped to Mobil 10W40 - both semisynthetic. I had full synthetic for about 3 weeks in my baby, but to be honest personally I did not like it. Engine sounded like was about to fall apart. I was reading somewhere that full synthetic shoudn't be use with wet cluch bikes. I don't know how true is that and never really looked into it. She is happy with semi, so I will stay with it, besides those guys in Suzuki would advice to use full synth if that would be better option.
I might be wrong, but I stick to stuff that work. I follow 1 rule - if it's working don't touch it :laugh:

Back