Synthetic oil users...

mjn

Hillbilly Deluxe
Donating Member
Registered
My bike has about 4400 miles on it now. I have been seriously considering the change to synthetic for awhile now. My question is, for those of you that have changed, did you notice a big difference in how your bike shifts?

I like to upshift clutchless...and mine doesn't always like to go into 2nd gear. Does the synthetic make it snick nicer?

It will help,also make youre sure youre not trying to shift too soon to help the scychronizers.:)

I went to amzoil synth .......even my WIFE commented on how much smoother the tranny felt!

if that doesn't sway you then nothing will......a dang passenger confirming it.
wow.gif

mobil1 mx4t but you need to let the bike get broken in first before you put in any type of synthetic.
Tru dat, Playa  !
super.gif
, but amsiol is just as good as s synth motor oil or better and is way cheaper than mobil 1 mx4t.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143224577 -->

4400 is more then enough. I went with Silkolene at 7500, seems to shift a little better. I really just liked the red color, looks like you're givin the busa a transfusion. After changing the oil every 1500 with regular dino, I'm going to try and make at least 3500 with the high $ stuff....

I haven't yet switched to Amsoil having only 1475 miles on the new LE but I run Amsoil in my 82 CBX with 80 thou on it and it runs smoother, quieter and cooler and seems to shift better. I'll switch before my 3-4000 miler in June.

running golden spectro 10w40 currently. i have an 05 at 4400 miles as well.. switched at 4200... last 200 miles have been sweet.

Syn. is the only way to go. I use Mobil1 MX4T, also I did my first oil change at 400 mis. I feel once the oil has circulated though the motor and picked up all the metal from being new, it's time to change it. I don't believe you have to wait to switch to syn. A lot of car manufactures use syn. on new cars. ie. Mercedes, Corvette, Viper.

mobil1 mx4t but you need to let the bike get broken in first before you put in any type of synthetic.
Myth....  Change it after it has had time to flush out the junk from assembly. 100-200 miles is plenty

Also add a click for the Mobil 1. Amsoil likes it so much they buy their base stock from Mobil.

<!--EDIT|Professor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143251371 -->

I've owned more bikes than most of you have exwives and have used synthetic in a few. After 3500 miles or so, drop the dino oil and fill with synthetic. What I have found is every bike I've used synthetic in, has had a habit of consuming the synthetic stuff. Go back to Suzuki dino oil and never add oil between changes again. I've heard other guys say the same.

However, there is nothing wrong with synthetic oil except the price. I have steered clear of synthetic oil and use nothing but suzuki dino oil. It works well, and it's cheap. The real advantage to synthetic oil is on Race Day. It will probably gain you maybe one or two ponies and it functions better than dino oil at very high temperatures. Heat is the killer. If you jack up the HP and with HP comes heat then you should definately go to synthetic. If your scooter is basicly stock, runs nice and cool, dino oil will serve the purpose just fine. And it's "CHEAP"
smile.gif

For me, I'm a dino man, never lunched an engine running dino oil. But there is always a first time.

This post will never get a good answer. I dont follow the the thicker is better way of thinking so 15w50 is out.I have never seen that synthetic oil will burn more than dino oils in fact my experience has been just the opposite. I started using synthetic at 500 miles. I have ran 0w I didnt like the engine noise that it caused. Swithched to 5w40 Mobil 1 then couldnt seem to find it in the stores around here so I went to 5w30 Mobil 1. No it wont cause the clutch to slip. I,m going to switch to Motul or Silkolene this time to see if the transmission will shift better like everybody seems to say. The moral to this story is use what every you like it doesnt really matter.

Tru dat, Playa !
super.gif
, but amsiol is just as good as s synth motor oil or better and is way cheaper than mobil 1 mx4t.
I dunno about *way* cheaper, Ty...

Wally-world's got Mobil1 MX4T for $7.65 / qt.

Prolly a wash or slightly better off by the time you add shipping for the Amsoil...

Back