Synthetic Oil Question

Hayabusa4me

Registered
This question is for all those who take there bikes to the drag strip.

Recently I went out to the local strip for the first time on the busa and after 4 passes had severe clutch slipping issues. The bike is an 04 with only 4900 miles on it. Is there any correlation with this happening from the synthetic oil? I run Amsoil. Or do you think my clutch is just plain worn out?

For those wondering, I ran of best of 10.2 @ 136 with a 1.77 60 foot. Because of my short time at the track I never got a chance to start getting aggressive with my launches but plan on getting back out as soon as the clutch issues is resolved. :beerchug:

i run amsoil. 10w40. im sure its not the oil. have you done the brock clutch mod? does it slip when you are doing normal riding? only 4900 miles is not much for the clutch to be gone. i have 41,000 miles on mine and have been to the drag strip a few times now and still no issues. can you describe in more detail the nature of the slippage?

Upon launch it grabs briefly but not 100% and gets to redline very quickly without pulling like it should. I have the brocks clutch mod, but not the clutch cushion kit. Does the same upon entering second gear, but only under hard acceleration as it grabbed just fine heading back down the pit road.

The oil is not causing it. Pull the clutch out and measure the plates to see what needs to be replaced.

Did you use the spacers provided in brocks kit?

Definitely not the oil. I use AMSOIL 10w40 on a 254 hp turbo Busa at 6 lbs of boost and do not have clutch slippage issues.

I would check the clutch fibers and measure them to see if they are worn.

Back