Synthetic oil change?

dr.nick

Registered
Using Amsoil 20/50 synthetic in "busa",can you go longer between oil/filter
changes then regular petroleum based oils? THX

They say you can, BUT most people here change their oil WAY before you're suposed to ?? I still get mine changed (full syn) every 2500 miles. Just...... because
dunno.gif

I run Amsoil MCF with the their Ea oil filter. Ran 6000 miles last year, sent out a sample to Blackstone labs and it came back with "Very good". I'd be willing to run 10,000 miles on a single oil change this time around. If anyone needs Amsoil products or has more questions, feel free to PM me or go through my website.

Any true synthetic (not blends or grade 3 stock) will out perform dino oil. You can easily go 10K between oil changes. This has been documented with engine tear downs and inspections. If you are using synthetic oil and changing your oil every 2500 miles your wasting your money.

I was using sythetic based oil will be chagning to amsoil or royal purple not sure yet.
But anyhow you guys running 6k miels on oil do you feel any diff. in the shifting. ex;hard to get in frist not shifting smoothly etc?? I use sythtic in my cars but still change at 3-4kmiels no matter what. The bike gets changed the same just habit I guess. When the oil is not up to par in my 10 i know it,I can feel the diff. in her perfomance change the oil and shes back like brand new.

I run Amsoil MCF with the their Ea oil filter.  Ran 6000 miles last year, sent out a sample to Blackstone labs and it came back with "Very good".  I'd be willing to run 10,000 miles on a single oil change this time around.  If anyone needs Amsoil products or has more questions, feel free to PM me or go through my website.
Thanks guys,I see that you can run more Miles between oil changes when you use Amsoil synthetic's,but how many Months between oil changes when you use Amsoil synthetic? P.S.does it degrade,like petroleum based oils while inside motor? THX

I'm going about a year per oil change... This is from Amsoil's MCF page:

SERVICE LIFE
For "on-road"￾ use in engines and transmissions, change AMSOIL MCF and AMSOIL engine oil filter at twice the motorcycle manufacturer change interval or one year, whichever comes first. Change other brand oil filters at standard intervals.

For "off-road"￾ use in engines and transmissions, change AMSOIL MCF at the standard motorcycle manufacturer change interval.

For racing or in engines modified from the original factory design, no change interval recommendation is made. Oil changes are at the owner's discretion.

I'm going about a year per oil change... This is from Amsoil's MCF page:

SERVICE LIFE
For "on-road"￾ use in engines and transmissions, change AMSOIL MCF and AMSOIL engine oil filter at twice the motorcycle manufacturer change interval or one year, whichever comes first. Change other brand oil filters at standard intervals.

For "off-road"￾ use in engines and transmissions, change AMSOIL MCF at the standard motorcycle manufacturer change interval.

For racing or in engines modified from the original factory design, no change interval recommendation is made. Oil changes are at the owner's discretion.
Thanks Turbo,you go a year between oil changes,that's with using an Amsoil oil filter,correct? Suzuki owner's manual says change oil at 3500 miles,or 6 mths,and oil filter at 10,000 miles! or 18 mths!I still can't believe Suzuki recommends those intervals!!...what is the diff. between
an OEM filter an Amsoil's filter? THX Dr.N

You are very welcome.... I honestly have never taken apart any filters to personally inspect or compare them, but I have heard good on the OEM Suzuki filter, and I have heard lots of good on the Amsoil Ea filters.

Any other questions, feel free to ask!

Red Line here fellows. It's a grade 5 oil where as amsoil is a grade 4. Ester base oils are the best out there bar none. Not knocking amsoil because it is a good product but facts are facts.

Red Line here fellows. It's a grade 5 oil where as amsoil is a grade 4. Ester base oils are the best out there bar none. Not knocking amsoil because it is a good product but facts are facts.
I can't seem to find any info about grade 4 v grade 5. Can you? Redline and Amsoil are both ester based oils right so where did the grading info come from?

Back