Synthetic oil? and whats best

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
going tomorrow am to put deposit down on new 2006LE the wife and i are really excited and i want to "do it right" i want to run synthetic from day one...Good idea?...and rate synthetics that everyone uses. I will be takeing delivery in probably less than a week but want all the good info....P.S. the site would be so much easyer if we had a subject search. unless i am missing something. more questions to follow i am sure!!!!!!

I was told by the dealer mechanics that it is best during the break period to use the suzuki motor old then after the 2nd or 3rd oil change switch to syn. but make sure you get all of the old motor oil out because they won't
mix .......Good Luck!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Congrats! I would wait until you have 1500 miles on your bike before going to the syn of your choice. Use dino oil until she is broken in. Do your first oil change before you get 100 miles on her.

find a good syn & stick with it, when I was working at KWS we built tons of motors & use SYN oil right from the start, you don't have to use conventional oil during the break in, 'cause the cylinder bores are nickacel plated. though I would stay away from castrol, for some reason the clutch doesn't like it, I use Mobil 1 5w30 full syn. & I've ran it from day one & now have almost 15k on it.

i was thinking like amsoil...heard its really good. and yes the dealership also said to wait because of the clutch to get some of the glaze off first

Back