Synthetic oil and filter brand?? I want to switch

Rotella-T full syn 5w-40
Mobil 1 5w-40 full syn SUV/Truck
WalMart for the oil
Dennis Kirk for the filter
Emgo filter.

I just switched to Silkolene Pro -4 10W-40. 10 bucks per court. I run K&N filters generally purchaased by the case for around 8 bucks per filter.

Amsoil!!! If they can warranty the car oil they make for 1 year or 25000 miles then they must make a great oil. They also make some great oils filters.

How often are you changing the synthetic oil and filter. I'm about to do the 4000 service.

I do it about 2500 to 3000. Amsoil has said you can run I think 6000 with Amsoil and an Amsoil filter but I still do it around 3000. I run it in my cars also and they say you can run it in your car for 1 year or 25000 miles. They make some of the best if not the best stuff you can get!! It is also made in the USA anything to not use foreign oil! I like it so much that I have started dealing it.

<!--EDIT|Rexarmy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117455158 -->

Silkolene Pro4 Plus 10W50 Simply some of the best oil I have found and I have several other folks who have purchased it from me over the last month and have all come back dayum happy. The Busa Loves the stuff....

Filter wise, I still use the OEM filter but will prolly be getting a Scotts lifetime soon...

(duh... I guess I believe in Silkolene...) Sheesh

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: "duh"|1117456790 -->

Silkolene Pro4 Plus 10W50 Simply some of the best oil I have found and I have several other folks who have purchased it from me over the last month and have all come back dayum happy. The Busa Loves the stuff....

Filter wise, I still use the OEM filter but will prolly be getting a Scotts lifetime soon...
?? why 10w-50 just asking??

Yes I know sheesh can't ask a ?

<!--EDIT|Rexarmy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117467071 -->

I use Silkolene Comp 4, which is a semi synthetic, but they make an ester based fully synthetic called Pro 4 Plus. A few guys that I know that race use the Pro 4. I use HiFlo filters.

Ok let me ask this what gas do you use as in octane 87, 89, 93?
I use 93 the best or highest octane you can get better for your bike if i could get 100 I would. So if you would spend the extra money to get the best gas for your bike why would you try to go cheap on the oil. You may change your oil 3 or 4 times a year so spend the money and get the oil that says on the back safe for wet clutch use.

<!--EDIT|Rexarmy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117462865 -->

Why would you pay for a higher octane rating than 87-89? The higher the octane number means nothing unless you have high compression that would make it a necessity. The higher the octane number the more resistant to detonation the fuel is. Detonation is caused when excessive cylinder heat and pressure cause the fuel to ignite before the spark plug is fired. In other words the higher octane fuel is less volatile. You will gain nothing in performance from using excessive octane.

Now back to the thread...I use Silkolene Pro-4 10W-40 with a K&N filter. The K&N's are great because of the nut on the end.

Why would you pay for a higher octane rating than 87-89? The higher the octane number means nothing unless you have high compression that would make it a necessity. The higher the octane number the more resistant to detonation the fuel is. Detonation is caused when excessive cylinder heat and pressure cause the fuel to ignite before the spark plug is fired. In other words the higher octane fuel is less volatile. You will gain nothing in performance from using excessive octane.

Now back to the thread...I use Silkolene Pro-4 10W-40 with a K&N filter. The K&N's are great because of the nut on the end.
What is the compression that your bike has 11 to 1 That is up there. I had a Toyota Celica and I think it was 11 or 11.5 to 1 and Toyota said to use 93 octane so I use it in my bike as does most of the people I know. This does go with the oil. All I did was ask why you would put cheap oil in your bike.

Sorry to take this topic the wrong way!!

Hey Rev,

just curious, how often you changin' your oil and filter?

woah..relax there Rexarmy, no harm done. LOL. Was just trying to say that you won't see any benifits from using an octane higher than what is called for in your owners manual. Suzuki specifies 87 octane for the Busa. So the only benifit would a be a weight reduction in your wallet.
biggrin.gif

Well I will prolly be the first one to post this combination. I just hit 10,000 miles last week and decided I wanted to switch to a SEMI synthetic. I change my oil every couple thousand miles religiously so I didn't want to put a high dollar synthetic in mine. Also I had heard that a full sysnthetic could actually lubricate TOO well and cause the cluth to slip. I doubt this is the case because there are a ton of guys in here that use silkolene or mobil one redcap. For me it was a risk I didn't wanna take though and as I said as often as I change my oil I didn't wanna waste the money. So for Amy Lee this is what she gets

#1) Repsol 10w40 synthetic blend
#2) K and N oil filter

woah..relax there Rexarmy, no harm done. LOL. Was just trying to say that you won't see any benifits from using an octane higher than what is called for in your owners manual. Suzuki specifies 87 octane for the Busa. So the only benifit would a be a weight reduction in your wallet.
biggrin.gif
No problem!! I know that most of the people that i ride with run the 93 octane. I say for my bike I will keep running 93 octane and I will run 100% synthetic Amsoil just me! Most of the guys that i ride with are getting a 600 or a Hardly but I will stick with the Busa. I will

Remember that running the higher octane is going to create more carbon build up in the engine because it will not be burned efficiently.

Back