Synthetic oil and filter brand?? I want to switch

Shindo97

Registered
If there isnt a best, what are the brands you guys use.
I just hit 9K miles and at 10K i want to make the switch to Fully Synthetic oil. A good filter to go with it.

Let me know. thanks

being im a cheap azz i hit walmart up..they sell Fram oil filters and fully senthetic mobil one

amsoil... had the best luck with 10-40 mix with the 20-50 got better cluching with it rather than just using strait 20-50

Mobil 1 Gold Cap(can't get my hands on the Red Cap) & suzuki OEM filter

just changed my oil...guess what kind of filter the oem one is....Fram and it cost 10 bucks when you can go to wally world and get a fram for 6 bucks

I have a one off question, concerning oil, how many quarts are you buying when you are doing a filter & lube oil change?
rock.gif
Sorry to hijack!

It takes @3.75qts for oil change with filter change. I use Mobil 1 red cap synthetic and I think the filters are EMGO.

make sure its 10w40 Mobil 1 then right?? Then got to dealer and get a stock filter? is there an off the shelf one thats jsut as good or better

Mobil 1 ... cause you get it in the US!! If you were in India, I would have suggested Castrol Mgnetec
wink.gif

During the first service I changed my oil filter to K&N ... The bike has been good!!

I ran the mobil 1 15/50 red cap, but they quit making it so I'm going to switch over to amsoil. I use a K&N oil filter because its just as good or better then stock and has a 17mm nut on the end that makes taking it off and putting them on a breeze (K&N part# KN-138).:)

No Mobil or Castrol.... Go the distance, run a Real Synthetic to actually reap any rewards. Not a synthetic because the courts said so. What I mean is use a Full Synthetic with pure Ester Basestocks. This is what Synthetic oil really is and there isn't really a comparable substitute...

So buy some Silkolene Pro-4 10W40 or Pro-4 PLUS 10W50... You wont regret it and you'll be amazed at the difference. Yeah you can pay a whole lot less and get a whole lot less. I've tried several and the only thing that really impressed me is the premium Ester based Full Synthetics... It may be over kill, but ask Bullet, and BS, and some of the others. It's really that good...
thumbs-up.gif

Especially Silkolene...
wink.gif

Keep hearing a lot about silkolene.. any one has any idea as to where its available online
rock.gif
Some site that shipps to india...

i know your supposed to break in the engine with the dino but at what mileage is it ok to switch to synthetic?

Back