Synching The Busa & Dynamic TPS Tuning

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Okay folks...my babys fairings are all stripped off for several reasons/missions...as follows....

1. It's ready for a good and thourough cleaning.

2. I'm stripping out the defunct and non-funtional merlin alarm system that it came with.

3. I'm studying the busa's exhaust system and thinking of creating and fabbing up my own rather than buy one...and....got some pretty cool ideas on this right away.

4. I wanna go ahead and synch the carbs...but before I do?...I have a question regarding the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) and..here's the question..

Has anyone here or does anyone here know of or attempted what is known as a "dynamic tuning of the tps"?

I've used it religously on FZ1's with wonderful results whereby the process is...

after the air/fuel is tuned and the carbs are synched?...the last thing I'd do is the "Dynamic TPS Tuning"...whereby you...

1. Loosen the torx screw/screws holding the tpa in position to just snug enough that you can barely rotate the tps with finger pressure...then..

2. Start the bike and let it idle till warm..then..

3. Set the idle adjust screw to approx. 3,800 rpms and then..

4. Rotate the TPS unit until max rpms are achieved...(I regularly and typically got as high as 4,400-4,600rpms)..and then..

5. Re-tighten the tps torx screws and finally....

6. Set the idle back down to normal idle speed.

This process was likened to that of spinning the rotor on old V8's to tune timing...and this timing on import bike engines is tuned for emmissions rather than performance..lost performance...which it was brough to my attention quite a few years back that dynamic tuning of the tps could and did re-instate...increasing "snap throttle response" like a mofo.

So....anybody tried this dynamic tps tuning on their busa yet...any confirmed or documented results?

T.I.A. and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Have you tried posing this question to the brilliant minds over at psychobike? I firmly believe if there is a free or cheap power adder for Busas, someone over there has done it.....

Have you tried posing this question to the brilliant minds over at psychobike? I firmly believe if there is a free or cheap power adder for Busas, someone over there has done it.....
psychobike?...I'm lost.
It's a drag racer's forum which I and some of the other members frequent. There is a wealth of knowledge there, (and a good deal of smack talking too) on many types of bikes. It's not unusual to See Barry Henson, Ryan Schnitz and Rickey Gadson all on there at once. Follow miles bm's link, and go to the message boards. It's a great site.

my god does this really work, I may have to try this, cheap instant performance, this would be awesome. Has anyone else tried this??

Back