Sygic GPS App for Android

They have like 7 choices to download and yes it does look like it could be worth knowing more. Which one do I want to download?

I downloaded the free trial to start. Then you have to download the applicable states that you want, or you can download them all if you have the room.

I played with it some now. It couldn't find obvious streets and its input keystroke intuition drove me crazy. My first impressions are I like Waze better. You can speak the address and it generally finds it. Waze has free traffic features and all the other stuff. And Waze remains free to use. It has become my only GPS I use thus far but O am always looking at whats out there.

Well Waze didn't take long, either create an account or sign in using Facebook...equals delete app for me. Thanks but no thanks.

I like Waze as well but the interesting thing about this app is that it works offline. If you use the Google navigation (google maps) it downloads most of your route but if you're off line for a long time on a long trip, you could get stuck. What's the price of this app? I couldn't find it on the google play description.

Looking around it looks to be around 40 bucks for NA maps with a lifetime subscription.

Well Waze didn't take long, either create an account or sign in using Facebook...equals delete app for me. Thanks but no thanks.

You create an account for saving your info as a user. It works by members updating maps roads etc. Once you do that, you don't have to do anything again. You can use Waze on another device, sign in and it remembers you and your destinations etc. I don't use any of the FB crap.

Osmand in android app store. Offline map support and good support for tracking and creating tracks.

I DO NOT LIKE APPS that want to take control of my phone, taking pics when it wants, and recording with the mic what I say. It is none of their F`in business. Intruding SOBs.

Back